weakest song on POP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
every song on POP is amazing, we all know that. but if you had to select the weakest track. the track that could be left off the album if one HAD to be erased, which would it be and why?

please don't bother responding if your going to skirt around the question and say that 'every song contributes to make the POP album". this question is for people who can make a decision when asked to.

playboy mansion.

mofo and miami kick ass.:madspit:

Miami isn't much of a "song", it's more of a sound. What is it? verse/choruse/verse/chorus done. Playboy Mansion is far more intricate and developed.

Discoth?que.

The album really starts with Do You Feel Loved, the first track is just to scare everyone away. :shifty:

C ya!

Marty

There are really two questions here:

a) which is the weakest track

b) which track is least essential to the album

For a) I can't pick as I love every track on the album... probably Do You Feel Loved. Just the least remarka ble song, by a hair. One of my early faves, but not quite as brilliant as the others. For b) I'd say Staring at the Sun as it is the most self contained track of the lot and the album would still work as a unit without it.

Well, POP's still a great album. It only lacks some consistency. Discoth?que, Mofo and Do you feel loved are the real 'pop' sounds. The other ones seem to get lost amidst the whole pop & dance image of the album...

I don't think songs like Please and Wake up dead man fit into that album. But they're still magic songs.

Miami has to go. It doesn't fit the album whatsoever, and I'm sick of skipping it. One day I'm going to burn my own copy of Pop - tracks 1-7 and 11-12 only.

Playboy Mansion is among the upper half of the best songs in that album. I can't believe why people would skip it. Here's my ranking:

1. Staring At The Sun
2. If God Will Send His Angels
3. Do You Feel Loved
4. Playboy Mansion
5. Gone
6. Please
7. Wake Up Dead Man
8. Last Night On Earth
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
10. Discotheque
11. Miami
12. Mofo