We need Do They Know it's Christmas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anirban

Acrobat
We need the new full version of Do They Know it's Christmas!!!!!!!!!! I don't think it's anywhere on this side of the world yet... So come on UK!!!

hey everyone! i dunno if you guys have already seen this, but according to this site it says that do they know it's christmas will be available for download at midnight on wednesday, november 17th in the UK. what time is it in the UK???
http://www.bandaid20.com

Don't bother guys its crap. Even Bono sounds crap on it. He sounded way better on the original. Buy this song only for the charity cause and not because your expecting a good song!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:
Don't bother guys its crap. Even Bono sounds crap on it. He sounded way better on the original. Buy this song only for the charity cause and not because your expecting a good song!:wink:

Dont fully agree. I dont think Bono sounds that bad. But he was never gonna be able to sing it like he did 1st time around.
But the rest of the song is pretty poor.

The Darkness' comical guitar throughout
Dizzie Rascal Rapping and
The end of the song being dragged out like nothing before are my main gripes.

The song is very poor compared to the original. It needs the ringing bells too. At least it is for a good cause.

No, Bono doesn't sound like shit due to his "changing voice". :mad: Haven't you read all the reports? He was *trying* to sound like Bruce Springsteen. He didn't want to belt out the song again - he said it wouldn't work this time around. He said he wanted a softer sound as well. He said screaming that line just wouldn't work in 2004 because we know what to do and are now capable of doing it. So his singing this way was intentional.

doctorwho said:
No, Bono doesn't sound like shit due to his "changing voice". :mad: Haven't you read all the reports? He was *trying* to sound like Bruce Springsteen. He didn't want to belt out the song again - he said it wouldn't work this time around. He said he wanted a softer sound as well. He said screaming that line just wouldn't work in 2004 because we know what to do and are now capable of doing it. So his singing this way was intentional.

bono shouldn't try to sound like bruce springsteen, just like bruce springsteen shouldn't try to sound like bono.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

anyone else appreciate the irony of this statement? feed the world! then download a pirated version of a song that's supposed to benefit charity!

I think, Mr. Crankypants, that people will buy the single just as much as they are buying the album that they currently have pirated copies of. Aaargh matey. :wink:

This is the one I need still

Band-Aid-II-Do-They-Know-Its-178296.jpg

BAND AID II Do They Know It's Christmas? (1989 PWL Dutch CD single of the rerecording featuring Kylie Minogue, Bananarama, Big Fun, Bros, Cathy Dennis, Jason Donovan, Chris Rea, Cliff Richard, Wet Wet Wet, Lisa Stansfield, Sonia and more, in cardpicture sleeve PWCS006)

I actually would have liked to hear Bruce record that line. I would place his voice up there with Bono's.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

bono shouldn't try to sound like bruce springsteen, just like bruce springsteen shouldn't try to sound like bono.

Now, this I agree with. :up:

Still, as Bono already belted the line once, would it be wise to just belt it out again (regardless of his vocal ability?)?

No matter what, this version is SORELY lacking compared to the original. The rap part is horrid. :barf:

And I do like Bono's belting in the '84 version more myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom