We heard a clip of Original of the Species three years ago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevink

The Fly
There was a thread a month ago in EYKIW about an unknown song that featured the lyric "Everywhere you go you shout it, you don't have to be shy about it". A clip of this song was heard during a CBS 60 Minutes U2 special that aired early in 2001. In this special Bono took the reporter for a ride in his car and she asked him what he listens to. This clip played, and he refered to it as an unfinished work. This song was none other than ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES. In a new track by track review on @U2 I found the following:

ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES

Interesting arrangement -- this keeps building to become a traditional U2 epic, complete with strings, an anthemic feel and some "do do do's" for good measure. The Edge says the song is partially about his daughter Holly; Bono is her godfather. Bono sings, "I want a lot of what you've got, I want nothing that you're not" and "Everywhere you go you shout it, you don't have to be shy about it."

In the other thread there was a link to a video for the 60 minutes special, but I can't find the thread. It would be interesting to listen to that clip again. I wonder how much the song has changed since then? I do remember reading in a recent article that Edge had to rewrite the chords of this song.

I just saw the other thread. I guess everyone already saw this.

You can delete this now.:|

i thought the exact same thing when i read that quote, but i dont know that everyone heard that same snippet from the 60 minutes, or would be able to connect those lyrics to the ones in the new review. good call kevink :wink:

Back
Top Bottom