Watching Popmart Mexico now for the first time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
All I can say is... wow. I love it. I'm only up to New Year's Day now, but I've loved everything so far. The way they're playing these songs is just terrific, and watching Bono here is a ton of fun. Sure, there's a bunch of over the top technology and showmanship, but it's so much fun. I actually love the huge screen flashing bright lights everywhere. When Bono's swnging his guitar around is awesome... and when they turn the lights off on NYD... ahhh sooo great. My favorite performance of New Year's Day ever I think. And Mofo and Last Night on Earth... holy crap I love this tour!!!!

I never really listened to any boots or watched clips of U2 live in this era so it's all very fresh to me. I very rarely have listened to POP songs live and all I can say is WOW, they're great!

OK time to go watch the rest!

What's your favorite song performance on here BTW?

Last edited:
Mofo, Gone, Staring At The Sun, Please, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me

Please is probably the best. Bono goes sphastic during Edge's solo.

Please is absolutely amazing live. I also love Edge's grinding guitar at the end of Discotheque.

And if you think HMTMKMKM rocks in the studio, the live version is just :drool:

Shame the 1997-07-31, Mannheim HMTMKMKM isn't on the DVD instead. That floored me the first time I heard it.

Most annoying thing about that concert?
Bono saying "Mexico" over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........and over...

amazing concert.

WOWY with the lighters :drool:
end of last night on earth
sunday bloody sunday

so many highlights, what a great tour

ya i love discotheque, love the sao paulo dvd though when they come out in the brazllian football jerseys :drool:

Not trying to spoil it , but the best song of the video is the last , well at least the one with the whole band playin , which is ONE . This video is amazing , theres no bad perfomance on it , its just fucking great , its a shame it didnt win on the grammy or the people don't give it deserved respect and glory as with zoo sydney.

Rafiennes said:
Bono saying "Mexico" over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........and over...

Why ? , are you jealous ?, :wink:

Awesome video, thanks to god was filmed in Mexico, I hope U2 never will release other USA gig, anymore, remember the awful Chicago crowd in the DVD ? ... :madspit:

boring to death !!!

MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO

DarkAcrobat said:

Awesome video, thanks to god was filmed in Mexico, I hope U2 never will release other USA gig, anymore, remember the awful Chicago crowd in the DVD ? ... :madspit:

Funny how any discussion about U2 dvds/videos turns into someone having to insult the fans who attended the Chicago shows.

Nice. :madspit:

Man... that was so awesome... I think I loved every song they played. I liked this concert even more than Zoo TV Sydney, alot more! The crowd was awesome too. I loved how Bono would stop singing sometimes just because the crowd was so friggin loud. I can't wait to see a crowd like that on the Vertigo Sao Paulo DVD.

I'm gonna watch it again soon.

shart1780 said:
Man... that was so awesome... I think I loved every song they played. I liked this concert even more than Zoo TV Sydney, alot more! The crowd was awesome too. I loved how Bono would stop singing sometimes just because the crowd was so friggin loud. I can't wait to see a crowd like that on the Vertigo Sao Paulo DVD.

I'm gonna watch it again soon.

Agree that's the best version of One ?

Rafiennes said:

At least last concert in Mexico he said some phrases in spanish :drool:

Zootlesque said:
I only have Popmart Santiago on dvd. How different/better/worse is the Mexico show?

I don't know, I don't have Popmart Santiago... but Mexico is AMAZING. You should get it, though it's not on DVD unless you can find it on eBay or something. I've got the VHS.

One of the best parts for me is during NYD (I think) when there is a shot of the whole stadium flicking lighters in time to the music... It ripples from the back of the crowd to the front, as the sound travels to the back... amazing concert.

DarkAcrobat said:

boring to death !!!

I knew I was gonna get shit for this.

I have no problem with Bono giving out the city's name for a round of applause...but he seemed to somehow work it into almost every song and it got old after awhile. It was like, "OK, I get it! You're in Mexico! Now sing the damn song!"

Other than that, great video.

HMTMKMKM is so raw, so rough. The emotion of ONE is stunning. GONE comes across almost like The Beatles' HELP in this one.

Back
Top Bottom