watch out for track 5 on next album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
u2 last 3 albums

POP - Track 5 staring at the sun best song on album
ATYCLB - track 5 kite best song on album
HTDAAB - track 5 city of blinding lights best song on album

track 5 is the one to watch!

I disagree.

POP - Track 7: Gone - Best song on the album.

ATYCLB - Track 1: Beautiful Day - Best song on the album.

HTDAAB - It keeps changing. :huh:

Although... Zooropa - Track 5: Stay :drool: :drool: :drool:

couldnt disagree more.

pop - if god will send his angels

ATYCLB - beautiful day

HTDAAB - love and peace or else

zootelsque is right though , stay :drool:

I agree with andy that track five were stronger tracks on the albums. But best tracks I think is a matter of opinion.

Pop - 12. Wake Up Dead Man
ATYCLB - 10. New York
HTDAAB - 12. Fast Cars

POP - 6. Last Night On Earth
Leave - 10. New York
Bomb - 4. Love And Peace Or Else

Achtung Baby- Track 3 ONE- Best Track

All That You Cant Leave Behind- Track 1 Beautiful Day- Best Track

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb- Track 1 Vertigo- Best Track

genrally Track one has one of the best if not the best track on the album

The lyrics for Vertigo have got NOTHING on Miracle Drug, Sometimes, Love and Peace or Else, and Fast Cars. Not that Miracle Drug has great lyircs "Freedom has a scent, like the top of a newborn baby's head" I get what Bono is saying, but it's just so lame and cheeseball. And if Miracle Drug has better lyrics than Vertigo, you can bet Vertigo's lyrics are even lamer. Bono's lyrical writing has digressed from Pop which I think is where he peaked. ATYCLB and HTDAAB are mediocre at best, with a few songs that stands out.

Vertigo is not one of them. It's a great rocking crowd pleaser song to get the crowd up on it's feet, nothing more.

No. 5 has traditionally some great songs, that said my picks for best songs would be

Pop: Gone
ATYCLB: Kite
Bomb: OOTS

andyuk, i think you are basing this off your assumption that everyone agrees with you and your opinion is all-encompassing

so maybe YOU should watch out for track 5 on the next album, maybe I should watch out for 1, or 8, who knows? (my favs change a little bit too)

andyuk said:
u2 last 3 albums

POP - Track 5 staring at the sun best song on album
ATYCLB - track 5 kite best song on album
HTDAAB - track 5 city of blinding lights best song on album

track 5 is the one to watch!

What????? Are you kidding me? Staring at the sun is an enjoyable ballad, nothing more. Kite is an enjoyable ballad, nothing more. City of blinding lights is a piece of crap Where the Streets Have no Name tribute, nothing more. Actually, these track number 5 songs are probably my least favorite off these albums

U2Fan101 said:
The lyrics for Vertigo have got NOTHING on Miracle Drug, Sometimes, Love and Peace or Else, and Fast Cars. Not that Miracle Drug has great lyircs "Freedom has a scent, like the top of a newborn baby's head" I get what Bono is saying, but it's just so lame and cheeseball. And if Miracle Drug has better lyrics than Vertigo, you can bet Vertigo's lyrics are even lamer. Bono's lyrical writing has digressed from Pop which I think is where he peaked. ATYCLB and HTDAAB are mediocre at best, with a few songs that stands out.

Vertigo is not one of them. It's a great rocking crowd pleaser song to get the crowd up on it's feet, nothing more.
Maybe i dont care about the lyrics, maybe i like the tune, besides its my opinion so if you dont like vertigo state it as your option and dont get all pissy with me

I usually at least really like track number four on albums. But that's not just U2 I'm talking about, so this post is kinda irrelavent. :shrug:

Anyway... Because everyone else is:

Pop: Track 11 - Please
ATYCLB: Track 4 - Walk On
HTDAAB: Track 4 - Love And Peace

i think that is the first time i have seen anyone on here knock KITE as a track! i think its a magical track!

andyuk said:
i think that is the first time i have seen anyone on here knock KITE as a track! i think its a magical track!

One of the strongest tracks of the past 6 years.

I think I'd rather look out for track seven. It tends to either be a classic or a total clunker, with little middle ground (classics: Bad, In God's Country, The Fly, Gone; clunkers: The Ocean, SDABTO, Wild Honey, AMAAW). Well, I actually really like SDABTO, but it's usually considered a clunker.

U2Fan101 said:

Is this all a statement or an opinion? - I totally disagree.

granted - vertigo does get the crowd on it's feet, but to say it's nothing more is shortsightedness.

Which song of the five from HTDAAB you've mentioned do you think they'll be playing in ten years time.?

Ellay said:
Which song of the five from HTDAAB you've mentioned do you think they'll be playing in ten years time.?

Hopefully not Vertigo. It's older than the Queen already.

Back
Top Bottom