watch out for track 5 on next album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm amazed at the praise "Kite" gets. It's a good song, don't get me wrong, but I mean performance-wise it's too clunky, lazy and lumbering rhythmically to be rated a classic IMO. They say Crumbs was written drunk, this one sounds like it was RECORDED drunk. Still a good song tho, but that's all it is to me. I think the next track "In A Little While" is way superior.

Axver said:

Hopefully not Vertigo. It's older than the Queen already.

How peoples opinions differ... I still think Vertigo sounds as fresh, and great, as the first time I heard it. :shrug:

Ellay said:

Which song of the five from HTDAAB you've mentioned do you think they'll be playing in ten years time.?

If we're taking Vertigo, MD, Sometimes, Love and peace and Fast cars - I think Love and peace and Vertigo have the biggest chance of being played in ten years time. (assuming U2 is still touring and making albums at that time)
Maybe Sometimes now and then.

MirrorballLemon said:
wow....what a wonderful observation. Did you come up with that one all by yourself or did Mommy help you?

I'm sorry I'm just catching this now...that was so rude and unnecessary. From now on, please refrain from such comments.

I'm not saying Vertigo blows. I'm saying, yes, as a matter of opinion, totally in mine, that the lyrics in Vertigo and on the majority of HTDAAB are subpar to Bono's writing.

I like hearing Vertigo as much as everyone else. Like I said, it's a crowd pleaser, but the song itself, ehhh....in my opinion it lacks a lot lyrically. And I realize I totally got off topic with this thread. We were talking about track five and I started tearing apart the last two albums.

GibsonGirl said:

The topic in general! :lol: Sorry, I should have specified. :)
That's okay, I was having a paranoid kinda day anyway, so you could have writtten about anything and I would have thought it was about me. :slant: :)

ozeeko said:
I'm amazed at the praise "Kite" gets. It's a good song, don't get me wrong, but I mean performance-wise it's too clunky, lazy and lumbering rhythmically to be rated a classic IMO. They say Crumbs was written drunk, this one sounds like it was RECORDED drunk. Still a good song tho, but that's all it is to me. I think the next track "In A Little While" is way superior.

"Kite" was never done justice until they played it like they played it at Slane.

:drool:

Agree wholeheartedly. Generally I have loved every track 5 off the albums I have bought so far, with the exception of Promenade, I'm still warming to that.

Boy - Out of Control 8/10
October - Fire 10/10
War - Drowning Man 8/10
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade 6 to 7/10
The Joshua Tree - Running to Stand Still 9/10
Achtung Baby - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 9/10 (was a 10 when I first got it)
ATYCLB - Kite 10/10
HTDAAB - City of Blinding Lights 10/10

Back
Top Bottom