was the Stockholm 1992 bootleg originally set for something official? who did it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattFromNYC

War Child
this is an amazing bootleg and looks almost professionally done. i mean THIS should have been used instead of Zoo Sydney.

who taped it? and was it originally planned for official release, TV program? or something else official?

I LOVE THIS BOOTLEG!!

My understanding is that there was an MTV contest that was won by John (the guy they keep talking to via satellite) so he had the concert broadcasted directly to his house. I believe that the boot that is circulating is a copy of what he taped off his VCR... I could be totally wrong, but that's what I heard...

Zoo TV Stockholm 1992 should be available as official DVD :drool: :drool: :drool:

and POP Mart Santiago 1998 too :drool: :drool: :drool:

There were reports that when the broadcast was done from Stockholm and also Adelaide (Zoomerang had a similar competition) people were able to "hack" the signal... It was just beamed from the show to a temp satellite connection -so anyone nearby with a satellite dish for TV (quite a few Aussie's had them) could pick up the show... I was able to buy a video of the Adelaide show three days after the event on video...

thatsnotmypuppy said:
There were reports that when the broadcast was done from Stockholm and also Adelaide (Zoomerang had a similar competition) people were able to "hack" the signal... It was just beamed from the show to a temp satellite connection -so anyone nearby with a satellite dish for TV (quite a few Aussie's had them) could pick up the show... I was able to buy a video of the Adelaide show three days after the event on video...

Holy crap! That's actually freekin' cool!

Stockholm DVD is incredible. I like how he has that guy up there and keeps talking to him, the guy who won that contest.

Sydney was amazing too, maybe performance wise it was better by a real little bit (plus they had the Zooropa songs on there), but overall I like Stockholm.

80sU2isBest said:
Is that the "Benny and Bjorn" concert?

:yes:

Personally then i think Zootv worked better as an outdoor show. The scale of the outdoor production is just bloody amazing. But still i think the Stockholm video is my favorite from the zoo era.

Great great show

ponkine said:
Zoo TV Stockholm 1992 should be available as official DVD :drool: :drool: :drool:

They'd want to do a lot of editing (I can't stand all the images in the background of the band.....that doest really make sense, but it does if you've seen it.

Back
Top Bottom