Was City of Angels based on Faraway, So Close?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Just the similarities...angels falling and becoming human. I don't know. I've never seen Faraway.

------------------
*Have you come here for forgiveness? Have you come to raise the dead? Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?*

I saw part of some movie on Bravo one time...I don't know what it was called, but it reminded me a lot of Cite of Angels. It was older than City of Angels, I think, and I don't think it was in English. I just remember it had these angels and dark figures and one wanted to fall....I don't know.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I think Bravo has shown both Faraway, So Close and Wings of Desire.

Wings of Desire (or Heaven over Berlin) is a really great film, much much better than it's crap remake City of Angels. Sorry, I just really hate City of Angels. I really hate the changes they made, and the fact that they turned a really great movie about the beauty of life into a silly romantic tearjerker. I think they may have taken some elements of Faraway, So Close that weren't in the first movie (like Angels listening to the sunrise) and included it in City of Angels, but the basic story for CofA is the same as Wings of Desire.

Faraway, So Close is pretty good too, but I prefer Wings to its sequel.

What a coincidence...I just finished watching 'Wings of Desire' not an hour ago. I was disappointed, to tell the truth; I had heard such good things about the film that I was expecting a masterpiece.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

What a coincidence...I just finished watching 'Wings of Desire' not an hour ago. I was disappointed, to tell the truth; I had heard such good things about the film that I was expecting a masterpiece.

[/QUOTE]
Same here..I rented Wings of desire and was disappointed with it.
frown.gif

I know I'll get rolled eyes but I love City of Angels.
smile.gif

As far as I know City of Angels is a remake of Wings of Desire, another Wim Wenders's movie, really good. Faraway So Close works like a sequence for Wings of Desire. I highly recomend both.

Originally posted by follower:
As far as I know City of Angels is a remake of Wings of Desire, another Wim Wenders's movie, really good. Faraway So Close works like a sequence for Wings of Desire. I highly recomend both.
And Bono was watching Faraway so Close, while he was writing the lyrics for Stay!!!

I wont roll my eyes Nica babe but I hated City of Angels and adored Wings of Desire. WOD was mystical and really made me think about life.
City of Angels ..well they put Nicholas Cage in it for a start...

I thought it was a remake of both. They smushed Wings of Desire and Faraway So Close in to one City of Angels. At least, that's what I heard and that was my impressions when I saw the Wim Wenders films [which, btw, are better than City of Angels-- by ALOT]

For some reason I was bored to death watching Wings of Desire. And even worse with Faraway so close... i couldnt finish it! I was expecting something more invloving,,, but i found it somewhat detached, depressing, and hard to grasp. Maybe its just me.
And i actually liked City of Angels to some degree.
Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom