[Warning: deceptive thread title] I hate Ultra Violet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I just played this song and I hate it because I'm enjoying it so much that I can't bring myself to tear it to shreds any more.

EVIL SONG! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Queen Bee said:
...Wow.

Are you medicated right now, Andre? :wink:

The truly disturbing part is that I am in complete control of my senses!

Marusa said:

:)

why not? I like it a lot!! Especially Bono singing Baby baby baby light my way..........

It's amazing, especially live. It's just Axver is known for hating that song with a passion, it should be on his signature :wink:

:laugh: :lmao: :applaud:

Too funny Axver! Glad you've finally "seen the light" (and amazed I'm the first to say it)

:wink: ~Ultra

Marusa said:
I like it a lot!! Especially Bono singing Baby baby baby light my way..........

That's the part that makes me still want to hate the song. Good grief, that line is awful. It sounds like something the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync would sing.

But damnit, the rest of the song is good and it redeems that line. As a comparison, I guess the rest of UV saves "baby, baby, baby, light my way" in the same way the rest of Miami saves "Miami, my mammy."

I can't believe I just said that.

Axver said:

That's the part that makes me still want to hate the song. Good grief, that line is awful. It sounds like something the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync would sing.

But damnit, the rest of the song is good and it redeems that line. As a comparison, I guess the rest of UV saves "baby, baby, baby, light my way" in the same way the rest of Miami saves "Miami, my mammy."

I can't believe I just said that.

:laugh:
You'll change your mind by 2moro Axver!:wink:

Way to go, Axver! :up: Ultraviolet is one of those songs I didn't quite get at first. But the more I listened, the more I grew to love it. Admittedly, for me part of its appeal is that it provides the perfect segue into Acrobat. But on its own it is still a very strong song.

Axver, I have found that I agree with you on songs about 90% of the time, but this is the exception. I love Ultraviolet, it's in my top 5, maybe even top 3 U2 songs. It's beautiful and well done in so many ways. I listen to it over and over again, it has a special feeling.

RademR said:
this thread made me put in my Achtung Baby CD and listen to it

This thread was actually inspired by me listening to Achtung Baby. I was playing the whole album, writing comments about the songs and explaining why I didn't believe it was a classic U2 album or a masterpiece. Everything was going quite nicely until I hit Ultra Violet and started enjoying it.

By the way, that thread is definitely not the worst I can do. Here's what I wrote about UV for my review while I waited for TTTYAATW. Yes, I was writing in advance, heh.

The worst song U2 have ever made. If nothing else weakens the album, this does. I don't know why they didn't call it Ultra Crap. Nonsense, shallow lyrics that sound like they are prophesying the coming of boy bands and watery pop are combined with boring music only slightly redeemed by Adam's bass. Horrible song that should be erased from the U2 canon. U2 are an honest, passionate rock band, not a sleazy and piss-poor pop group.

Then I listened to the damn thing and my attitude changed. Bleh.

U2Kitten said:
Axver, I have found that I agree with you on songs about 90% of the time, but this is the exception. I love Ultraviolet, it's in my top 5, maybe even top 3 U2 songs. It's beautiful and well done in so many ways. I listen to it over and over again, it has a special feeling.

Well, if all we're disagreeing on is UV (and Crumbs, which I think is the second best song on Hut Dab), then I think we're doing pretty well!

Originally posted by miss becky
Ultraviolet is one of those songs I didn't quite get at first. But the more I listened, the more I grew to love it.

I went in a little bit more of a round-about manner. I initially felt apathetic towards Ultra Violet, then mildly liked it, forgot about it, rediscovered and hated it, and now I think I like it.

Axver I'm happy for you, youve done well coming to terms with one of my favorite songs:wink:

Axver said:

Well, if all we're disagreeing on is UV (and Crumbs, which I think is the second best song on Hut Dab), then I think we're doing pretty well!

I went in a little bit more of a round-about manner. I initially felt apathetic towards Ultra Violet, then mildly liked it, forgot about it, rediscovered and hated it, and now I think I like it.

Sorry, I missed the point of your original post, I was in a hurry, read the title and the evil heads, and now I see your words and I feel lame! But anyway I am so glad you like it now, it bugged me when you used to say how bad it was. Thanks for admitting it!

So I guess it is just Crumbs we disagree on!

Congrats! :up:

The song is catchy and awesome live! :yes: I admit that the first time I listened to this song I didn't liked the baby, baby part. It sounded too poppy and too easy, like they had no ideas anymore so they did that and it pissed me of cause the album was so filled with original ideas. But then it grew on me and I always sing it now but I much prefer when Edge starts to sing his part! Awesome! :bow: The second part of the song is amazing too with Edge's raw guitar and Bono's passionate singing!

Ultraviolet is one of my favorit songs,, The live version rocks too

I clicked on this thread as I was listening to this U2 mix cd I made for this girl I like. Ultraviolet was the song that was playing. I love the emotion in Bono's voice and in the band's sound in this song. One of their best.

I followed Ultraviolet with 'When I Look At the World'...any love for this song, too?? I think it is an underrated gem much in the way that Ultraviolet is, but different.

Back
Top Bottom