[Warning: deceptive thread title] I hate Ultra Violet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still don't like it either.
Then again, I do like Trip Through Your Wires very much.
So I guess I must be some kind of weirdo. :crazy:

:D

Popmartijn said:
Still don't like it either.
Then again, I do like Trip Through Your Wires very much.
So I guess I must be some kind of weirdo. :crazy:

:D

you're not a weirdo, TTYW is amazing but so is ultraviolet :wink:

U2Kitten said:

Sorry, I missed the point of your original post, I was in a hurry, read the title and the evil heads, and now I see your words and I feel lame! But anyway I am so glad you like it now, it bugged me when you used to say how bad it was. Thanks for admitting it!

So I guess it is just Crumbs we disagree on!

Heh, don't feel lame! I still don't like it nearly as much as you and I don't know if I will really come to appreciate the song (I feel it would have been a lot better if Bono had come up with something a little more creative than "baby, baby, baby, light my way"). But I definitely enjoy it!

Maybe it's going to pull a TTYW on me. That's another one I really didn't like for a long time, then I started enjoying it, and now I like the whole song, lyrics and all.

Well I used to love Ultraviolet. Now I just like it. The song does kind of drag without a melody, which hurts it. I'm not sure why everyone loves the live version so much. It's mediocre at best.

Well. You don't necessarily have to think of the lyrics in a boy band sort of way. You know, boy bands aren't the only ones to use the word "baby" in their music (a la Jim Morrison).

Think of it this way:

Baby, baby, baby, light my way

Come on baby, light my fire

Eh? They even have the "light my ___" in common. :wink:

Oh, and if you think the Doors are lame, then I pity you. :D

Last edited:
This whole thread struck me as hilarious... not the original post, but y'all's replies. It brought to mind a strange image of y'all congratulating him for his first orgasm or something...

"Good boy!" Pats on head... "Now don't you feel so much better?"

goat

rivergoat said:
This whole thread struck me as hilarious... not the original post, but y'all's replies. It brought to mind a strange image of y'all congratulating him for his first orgasm or something...

goat

Haha, goat, where has your mind been lately? :wink:

rivergoat said:

goat

What a delightful visual! :|

First Orgasm should we not celebrate this? I do not condone violence towards me:wink:

"baby, baby, baby, light my way"

Simple, yet so catchy and addictive. Great song off an even better album.

Holy crap, Axver, you like Ultra Violet now?!

This must mean U2 is going to play Acrobat on the tour now, as I found that about as likely as Axver ever liking Ultraviolet! :wink:

I love UV. Ultraviolet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness is the holy trinity of songs.

Tip Top Prince said:
Don't you get tired of realizing you are wrong all the time? It would tire me out....

Don't you get tired of being a stupid fucking moron who trolls me all the time? Oh, that's right, you have the mental agility of a glacier and you're stuck in your immature, petty pattern of thinking ...

About time Axver. It's one of the best from achtung baby. But I doubt U2 will ever write another song like it in the future.

Well if Tip Top Prince didn't make unnecessary, derogatory, and insulting comments every time he responds to my posts, we wouldn't have a problem. I don't even know why he hates me, and every time I ask for an explanation, he fails to reply.

Anyhow. Back to the topic at hand.

Ultra Violet is an enjoyable song and it seems most of you agree. I'm even coming to like some of the lyrics. I still don't think it's remotely the best on AB, though, and doesn't belong anywhere near the sheer genius that is Acrobat.

The "Baby, baby, baby" line is deliberately corny, I believe, i.e., a send-up of cheesy love songs. I don't believe Bono just couldn't think of a better lyric!

ultraviolet is bloody awesome. finally axver has seen the light.
live UV was sheer amazing, and bono's voice was at his very very best, it was great when bono sang a bit of "My Way" (regrets I've had a few...) before jumping into WOWY. and the Dublin '93 version in medley with Help is the jewel in the crown.
btw: "Baby baby light my way" was...deliberate irony. it was thrown in on purpose, to "upset" conservative U2 fans. you know, the ones that go" they never did anything good after War"...if memory serves me right, it was the very first time that Bono used the word baby in a song.
btw: I very much like "when I look at the world" too (someone asked). shame it will never be done live.

Back
Top Bottom