War: Revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
In response to namkcuR's October: Revisited post, I'll make a War: Revisited.

Imagine in A Celebration had been on War?

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Seconds
New Year's Day
Like A Song
Treasure
Drowning Man
The Refugee
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Celebration
Surrender

First single: A Celebration w/Party Girl
Second single: New Year's Day w/The Red Light
Third single: Sunday Bloody Sunday w/live songs
Fourth single: Two Hearts Beat As One w/Party Girl and remixes

War...is war....is war....

There is no album in U2's catalogue that relies as much on the cohesion of the individual tracks.

You can't simply throw out Red Light, or throw in Celebration. Any track removed or added in War would completely throw the dynamic.

Leave War alone! Leave It alone! Leave It Alone!:wink:

timothius said:

There is no album in U2's catalogue that relies as much on the cohesion of the individual tracks.

You can't simply throw out Red Light, or throw in Celebration. Any track removed or added in War would completely throw the dynamic.

Got to disagree there. War's cohesion falls down with Red Light. I feel the album would have been better if the band had held onto A Celebration and used it in Red Light's place.

I also think that Drowning Man's placement could be improved.

Also, tourist, where's Endless Deep, either on War or a single?

Yeah, "Endless Deep" would be great to add.............I love "Red Light" and "Surrender"......when I first heard them, I couldn't help but think of the film Taxi Driver, and to my astonishment, I later found out that the band was trying to evoke the images of that film into song. They thought they had failed, but it certainly worked for me. :wink:

timothius said:

I am with you...

Axver said:
Also, tourist, where's Endless Deep, either on War or a single?

Wow. I can't believe I overlooked that. Maybe it's the sore throat talking....

Why are you people so damn obsessed with A Celebration and want it to appear on one early album or the other?!?

A Celebration is a very good song. It's the 80's version of Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me and Electrical Storm.

AARGGHH! I would rather have had 3 minutes, 15 seconds of Bono and Edge farting in harmony, with xylophone and tambourine accompaniment, than listen to "the Refugee" again!!!! On my vinyl copy, I very happily skip that song and put the needle down on Red Light. So "A Celebration" would have fit quite nicely.

:mad:

nice idea, Tourist...I personally don't think A Celebration suits the third to last track...maybe track 3 or 4...with New Year's Day as the first single...

blueeyedgirl said:
AARGGHH! I would rather have had 3 minutes, 15 seconds of Bono and Edge farting in harmony, with xylophone and tambourine accompaniment, than listen to "the Refugee" again!!!! On my vinyl copy, I very happily skip that song and put the needle down on Red Light. So "A Celebration" would have fit quite nicely.

:mad:

:ohmy: Someone really doesn't like "the Refugee"...

blueeyedgirl said:
AARGGHH! I would rather have had 3 minutes, 15 seconds of Bono and Edge farting in harmony, with xylophone and tambourine accompaniment, than listen to "the Refugee" again!!!!

So would I.... that would be hillarious! :lmao:

Although I would still put foward that the Refugee is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom