War and October remastered details bonus disc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Id like to have heard a proper version of Pete the Chop. (if one actually exists anywhere)

"Pete The Chop" is a completely different song. It was a demo recording from a few years prior. The War B-side's title is a cheeky reference to that track.

Pete the Chop was a song they knocked out and played live early on, about a bloke they knew called Pete the Chop.

Despite pressure from the studios, (hence the name "whatever happened to Pete the chop" I don't think they ever recorded it as a demo, though if they had, that's what I'd like to hear. The only Live version of it I've heard is great, total chaos lol.

When is the remastered UABRS supposed to come out in the US? Boy, October and War are coming on July 22 but amazon still lists UABRS as June 24, which can't be right, can it?

OUCH!!! Amazon.com has updated their listings for the remasters with the track listings and cover art (yes, Boy will have the European cover). However, the list price for the deluxe sets is now 34.99 (although amazon offers a slight discount on each). WHY SO EXPENSIVE??? Even the JT 2-disc set was only 29.99. These albums are nearing 30 years old and they don't need to be priced at a premium, even with the bonus content.

Note: I know that these can be found cheaper at various online sites, etc. I'm just commenting on the list price, which is set by the label and not the seller. $34.99 is outrageous.

OUCH!!! Amazon.com has updated their listings for the remasters with the track listings and cover art (yes, Boy will have the European cover). However, the list price for the deluxe sets is now 34.99 (although amazon offers a slight discount on each). WHY SO EXPENSIVE??? Even the JT 2-disc set was only 29.99. These albums are nearing 30 years old and they don't need to be priced at a premium, even with the bonus content.

Note: I know that these can be found cheaper at various online sites, etc. I'm just commenting on the list price, which is set by the label and not the seller. $34.99 is outrageous.

I am so pissed at myself, when I added them to my cart they were $23 but I was too lazy to buy, then they were $26 and now $32. :banghead: that's sooooooo much money I lost by not buying immediately.

I totally agree with you that they should be no more than JT and probably cheaper, as the bonus content isn't as good.

Soooo....where's the best deal? anyone?

When is the remastered UABRS supposed to come out in the US? Boy, October and War are coming on July 22 but amazon still lists UABRS as June 24, which can't be right, can it?

I don't know, but I saw this in an email today. Wish I had seen it yesterday I could have listened today at work.

Denver Music Examiner - U2 at Red Rocks: the 25th anniversary - Examiner.com

Denver Music Examiner
POSTED June 4, 11:07 AM

Good article and towards the end:

As fans around the world celebrate the 25th anniversary of the famous show, record companies will mark the occassion by remastering the music on CD with a bonus disc, due in stores June 24, and finally releasing “Under A Blood Red Sky” on DVD in August.

To commemorate the 25th anniversary of "Under A Blood Red Sky," 102.3 KCUV (KCUV 102.3 - Rock Without Rules) will replay the soundtrack from the video in the 2 p.m. hour on Thursday, June 5, interspersed with stories from KCUV listeners who attended the show.

(Edited to say:) Can't get the pic to show??

It's weird how so many sites and news articles mention UABRS on June 24 and yet there has been no word from U2.com, no images have surfaced, etc. I'd love to see this happen on the 24th but I don't think it will. It will probably surface well after Boy, October and War.

How are they going to make UABRS into a 2-disc set, anyway? It would be ideal to just put the entire Red Rocks show on two discs, but that would effectively eliminate the original UABRS album, which only had two or three songs from Red Rocks and the rest were from Germany, etc.

Curious about all the disappointment.

Maybe the reason that there aren't more "new" songs is that they just aren't that good. I'm sure the band isn't going to allow just anything to go on the bonus discs. Sure, 1209 remixes is a bit much, but I'm guessing that with these records, they don't have much to work with.

Whereas I'm sure that Rattle & Hum - HTDAAB will have plenty of goodies for us.

yeah I'm expecting QUITE a disc for Rattle and Hum.
And PASSENGERS! Does anyone know if they're even DOING a remaster/bonus job on that album? I think they should, there's apparantley loads leftover!

Does anybody know if these remasters will include the extended versions of songs like the MFSL remasters?

ie - Extended Seconds, Extended 4th Of July...

that's a good point - wouldn't mind the extended 4th of July. Am I right in thinking the extended 'Mothers...' was on the joshua tree? I've lost my SuperDeluxeSuperDuperFantastic disc 1 so can't check!!!! Need to find my CD holder pretty desperately!! :(

Back
Top Bottom