WAR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For those worried about loss of innocent life(myself included) I think it's worth noting that if the US decides to hit a terrorist harboring country, they will be targeting that nation's defense, communication, and governmental interests, not populated areas. We have weapons that are even more accurate than the stuff we used in the Gulf War. This doesn't mean zero collateral loss, but it goes a long way toward minimizing it.

As for the terrorists themselves, the best way to keep them inactive is to keep them moving and hiding. That way they can't plan out their next strike. By making them the hunted, they are totally ineffective.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

STING I you have some strog points there and most of them are wrong - but thean again that's just my opinion. I agree with some of the things you said, but only some. You defend Israel, and they are clearly rasist and discrimenatory (ouch spelling). And did you know that Jews AND Palestinians have the right on their country - they got it almost simultaneously, and it was: the stronges survives - they didn't set bounderies they only gave them the right (they=UN).
And conciderin what you said abou US role in the world - I apritiate that journalist more and more as I read your and similar posts. That guy hit it right, and you prove it.

It seems 'in general' that most of the 'rebel' groups the US supported and financed around the world to fight Russia during the Cold War have in some way returned to bite the US in the arse.

So I guess that's one lesson learned.

nintendan,
As someone with a degree in International Relations, I know for a fact that when it comes to Economics and Trade, that the USA does not do things that are necessarily in its best short term interest. The USA allows the rest of the world to dump their products into are economy, while USA exporters often deal with tarrifs, quota's and other trade restrictions.
I'm not against that actually because it helps out countries that are trying to develop economically. When a nation succeeds in developing economically it is able to become a partner in the large group of capitalist trading nations, and can then have its barriers to imports dropped. This is what happened Japan, South Korea, Tawain, Singapore, Maylasia and is an ongoing process in many other countries. This increases stability and relations between countries and reduces the chances of war.
Russia under the Czars or Communism was an EMPIRE, Nazi Germany was an EMPIRE, So was Japan at one time. The USA is a Republic, not an Empire. The difference is democracy and capitilism. The USA is apart of many NON Governmental organizations in which it must seek compromise on many issue's in order to move foward. An EMPIRE ALWAYS does things unilaterally.

Marko,
You said previously:"And conciderin what you said abou US role in the world - I apritiate that journalist more and more as I read your and similar posts. That guy hit it right, and you prove it."
Please explain more. Elaborate a little.

STING
Is it not obvious. I said that you prove his point about ignorance of US public. Ignorance about why this happened. It's not justifying, it's just the point that you just don't get it. You don't even ry to get it, and your government (so it seems) doesn't want you to get it. They are not just madman, they are triggered by something to do this madness. But they don't do it for their own fun. Your words confirm that totaly

No offense, Marko, but has it ever occurred to you that STING might know what he's talking about and he might "get it" since he has studied International Relations? There are 2 sides to most issues, just because he doesn't agree with your Croatian view of it doesn't mean that he is ignorant, nor that his view is wrong.

I hope you don't ever go into diplomacy as a career.

~U2Alabama

Don't worry I won't. Diplomacy is a dirty craft - another word for lie.
And I will always defend my point of view - I don't even try to be diplomatic. why should I? And yes I still think that he is wrong on some accounts, and I point them out. As I said I agree with him in some things, but I don't share his point of view about position and acts of the US in the world in the last 50 yrs. Would you be happy if I changed my opinion? I experienced the US "diplomcy" myself so I also konw what I'm talking about. What do you know? At least I respect STING (in other forums/threads it seems to me that I think a lot like him) b/c he has arguments (some of I don't except b/c I find them wrong), which I can't say for you. DIplomatic enough?

Sure.

I just get tired of people in here telling other people they "don't know what they're talking about." Even if someone I agree with debates in such a fashion, I don't like it.

~U2Alabama

O.K. U2bama you're right. I'm sory for using that kind of words, I get to excited when I'm writeing theese posts so I never read it I just send it. I was wrong and I'll be more cerfoul in future.
I never discussed about anything this way, in a internet forum, before I came here on interference, and I would realy like if we could sit down and talk about everything for hours over coffe or beer. I know that's impossible but it would raly be fun. With the writen word it's easy to be missunderstood (I'm not saying that happened with my posts - just saying what I would like,my words in this post are pretty direct). My god that would be a good discussion.

No offense taken, Marko! And I hope I don't come across the wrong way in the rest of my posts; I'm sorry if they have.

I, too, would love to sit down and have a beer with anyone here. I'm sure putting personal encounters with all of these screennames would change a lot of things around here.

I'm going to New York for a few days; have a great week/weekend, and stay safe.

~U2Alabama

Wow! almost for the first time on this thread I heard something nice (i'm guilty) - and it felt realy good.
Thank you bama! Say hello to ny, and don't get too depressed or shocked.

God bless you all, I think that this thread should slowly die away.

bye

Back
Top Bottom