War - 25 Years Ago Today!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
This was U2's 'breakout' album, the one that put them in public's eye and brought them success on both sides of the pond...and it was released 25 years ago today...:applaud:

Yes, some of it sounds a bit dated, but for what it's worth it is among the most important albums U2 have ever released.

I'm so looking forward to the remaster later this year...:hyper:

Amazingly kickass album! Happy Birthday War! :rockon:

SBS - Classic!
Seconds - beautiful and haunting
NYD - Epic with epic solo! :drool:
Like A Song - So bloody kickass! :rockon:
Drowning Man - lovely esp. with the violin
The Refugee - Larry on fire!!!
Two Hearts - Good sing along
Red Light - love that trumpet and haunting outro!
Surrender - Dark, beautiful, eerie, haunting... :heart:
40 - nice mellow closer :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I like surrender but you guys are on your own with Red Light :wink:

Ditto!

I'm looking forward the the remastering of this. It's one of my least favorite U2 albums, but of course I'll be picking it up and giving it a fair go with the "new" sound.

Great record, although I tend to avoid The Refugee and Red Light.

Every song on the first half is a classic (Like a Song and Drowning Man... so underrated).

to celebrate, i youtubed sunday bloody sunday from red rocks, and consequently i've been watching u2 video for an hour and a half :rockon:

Awesome. :up: It's been a while since I've listened to this, so I think I'll have to set aside some time for War later this evening. Like A Song is my second-favourite early U2 song (first being Rejoice).

I adore Drowning Man, everything about it is sublime, the maturity of Bono's vocal, the band's measured performance gradually building in intensity, the falsetto 'Take My Hand' and of course the violin at the climax. Pity it was never attempted live, I think it could have been something quite special.

Thanks. I meant to add... that is how I feel when asked about negative opinions on this album... since I have none.

:)

I've been listening to it a lot lately. I like the entire album so much, except for Red Light which I always skipped. But this morning I gave it another listen (thanks to someone who inspired me to) and I was surprised to not hate it as much as I remembered. I do like Bono's vocals on it. Anyways... HBD War, definitely can't wait for the remaster on this one!
(And I loved The Refugee since 1st listen!)

Back
Top Bottom