Wanna see Live Aid released on DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
So maybe you could subscribe a petition run by Sir Bob Geldof himself, it?s in his official website...here:

http://www.bobgeldof.com/DVD.htm

I do. Live Aid was such a remarkable event that cannot be forgotten. I was introduced to U2 through their performance at Live Aid and, somehow, that changed my life. Lets allow younger people to see and feel that magic all over again.

:up:

WOO HOOOOOO!!!!

i've been SCREAMING about this for 15 years - WHY OH WHY was there no video chronicle made of this momentous musical event?? It was the first of its kind - the huge charity concert - with all those great 80s ("where are they now?") groups. Of course, U2 stole the show. :sexywink:

WOW. One can only hope!!! Yay yay yay! :yes: :up:

I would buy it just to be reminded that phil collins played drums for led zeppelin's reunion.:down: :barf: :grumpy:

glutton for punishment I am.

Just do clarify things, I just got the info that in fact the site above is run unoficially by a Geldof fan in Canada, so the petition wouldn?t be Bob Geldof?s responsability...anyways I believe it wouldn?t do any harm.

Last edited:
I too have been wanting to get this since the show was first broadcast but 110 pounds (US$187) is a bit steep. However, if 11 people were to purchase one DVD each, then the cost would be $17 per disk. If each of these people were to make 10 copies and mail them to the other 10, then each person would have a full set for a lot less than 190 bucks.

Now if 10 people were to e mail me ?

Eliv8 said:
I too have been wanting to get this since the show was first broadcast but 110 pounds (US$187) is a bit steep. However, if 11 people were to purchase one DVD each, then the cost would be $17 per disk. If each of these people were to make 10 copies and mail them to the other 10, then each person would have a full set for a lot less than 190 bucks.

Now if 10 people were to e mail me ?

i am up for it.

*once again laughs at the fact that people think an online petition will convince a rock band to release something.

mikal said:
*once again laughs at the fact that people think an online petition will convince a rock band to release something.

Well, this thread is old, and Live Aid IS being released on DVD now. :wink:

Bonochick said:

Well, this thread is old, and Live Aid IS being released on DVD now. :wink:

*once again realizes that he should look at the dates in peoples' posts.

what's this about a slane dvd, now?

I just hope there isn't a huge delay while the DVD distributor gets rights from all the artists that took part. Hopefully we'll see this by the end of the year, or worst case at least in time for the 20th anniversary in Jul 2005.

Eliv8 said:

Im glad too. BTW Jess - How old were you when the concert was broadcast? - Do you even remember it?

i was only 6 yrs old but i didn't kinow about it until 1997/1998 as i wasn't a hardcore fan til between 94-97.

Old thread, fresh news. :)
I?m glad Geldof finally will release the concert on DVD. My VHS is definitely worn out, so many times I have seen and rewinded and seen U2?s performance again. That was a defining moment not only in their career but in my life as well.

Cheers
MT

Back
Top Bottom