Walk to the Water appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Well, I haven't seen one of these in at least a month, so here goes!

Walk To The Water is an amazing, incredibly, touching, deep, poetic, beautiful, haunting, sincere song.

I love love love looooove it!

Walk to the Water is a great tune. However, I still think Luminous Times is better. In fact, Luminous Times may just be the bands best b-side!

Regardless, walk to the water is great.

Peace on Earth.

Luminous Times is a great tune, but I prefer WttW.. the WOWY single certainly is a keeper!

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

I think they said it all...
biggrin.gif

AGREED Both are superb.
Have you ever thought that WTTW sounds like Robbie Robertsons-"Somewhere down the Crazy River"? Who Bono sang back up vocals during that era on Robbies album.
And Hold On To Love(L.T.) sounds like Springsteens- " She's The One?"
Curious,anyone-

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

"Walk to the Water" is great, but I absolutely adore "Luminous Times"...I can't even describe the feelings I get when I listen to that song.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Skeek,

You forgot one adjective, inspiring, it?s an inspiring song. But I bet you already knew abou that, don?t you?
Walk to the Water is one of my all times faves, priceless. See? I found another one, LOL

WttW is a great, great song. Everything about it is spot on for me. I also think Deep in the Heart is great but I'm not clear on what it's about.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.
Be colour blind, don't be so shallow.

Originally posted by pop_mofo:
Walk to the Water is a great tune. However, I still think Luminous Times is better. In fact, Luminous Times may just be the bands best b-side!
at one point in my life I even felt it was U2's best song ever

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

it is personally my favorite of all u2 songs.

------------------
...and may your dreams be realized...

The Joshua era produced some of the best B SIDES ever.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

[This message has been edited by david (edited 09-28-2001).]

Walk to the Water is my favorite U2 b-side, in fact the song is in my top10 alltime u2 songs. I like Luminous Times as well, enough to make WOWY the best single ever by my book ('One' being 2nd, w/Sat. of Love, Lady w/the Spinning Head, and Night and Day as b-sides).

Love Walk to the Water--the way he says "You were blown by the wind, you were blown by the wind..."
smile.gif
But like some others here, I probably love Luminous Times even more--the depth of emotion in that song is unreal.

------------------
The city walls are all pulled down
The dust a smokescreen all around
See faces ploughed like fields that once gave no resistance

Back
Top Bottom