Wake Up (part1) Appreciation Thread + MP3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Today I was listening to Wake Up from the solome outakes and what an amzing song it is! I can think of atleast 3 or 4 AB songs that this song gave birth to. Its just so cool. Its great to see how U2 starts out with one song or an idea and can turn it into different songs which ultimatly became some of the best songs U2 has ever done.

Just incase noone has heard this song before i am sending you a link of it. I esp like that part "wake up wake up wake up wake up.. dead man" :bow:

http://s7.ysi .com/d.aspx?id=2V6DJA37FLVXO1IX99GJACOF9I

COBL_04 said:
Just getting it now. Can you name those AB songs?

The Fly, Lady with the Spinning Head, Ultraviolet i think near the end...and well Wake Up Dead Man as a lyric i suppose:hmm:

UltraViolet
Until the End of the World
and the Fly

i think it gave birth to, or they all stemmed from here

Until The End Of The World came from I Feel Free.

Is this 'Wake Up' the song Take You Down, or is this one of the other out-takes? I know the 'wake up' line appears in more than just Take You Down.

Axver said:
Until The End Of The World came from I Feel Free.

Is this 'Wake Up' the song Take You Down, or is this one of the other out-takes? I know the 'wake up' line appears in more than just Take You Down.

It sounds alot like Take You Down to me, only cuz they say it here alot, lol

Does anyone know where Zoo Station, Mysterious Ways, and Love is Blindness stem from?

My friend told me that Zoo Station has close to the same bassline as one of the 67485 versions of Salome, but I'm not sure

There is only one song like Take You Down, with the different vocal channels and the Fly solo.

If you want a version of "Salome" that sounds like "Zoo Station," how about the officially released studio version (not the crappy remix everyone loves for some reason)? Especially the bass line and the guitar at the end (there's even that clanking sound throughout). I'm sure the others bear the same resemblances, but fuck if I can be bothered to suffer them all.

Didn't Bono start working on "Love Is Blindness" after Lovetown (or maybe I think that because of the shared lyric with "She's A Mystery To Me" from around the same time?)? It's possible he actually had that one mostly written by the time they went into the studio (something of a rarity for the band around that period, but y'know, people do do it).

Wake up is clearly lady with the spinning head..
Good thread this for picking up the outtakkes am always trying to get them!!!

Back
Top Bottom