Waiting in Line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom in Boston

The Fly
I'm generally a patient person, but there's something about waiting for this album that has just been a bit irritating. I get this feeling like I'm waiting impatiently for a band to go on for a show. You think that they are going to go on at 9 because that's a reasonable time and everything you've heard leads you to believe that they are going on at 9. At around 9:15 the roadies are moving around doing their thing while everyone is standing there. At 9:45, the roadies go off so you think it's time for the band to come on, but the roadies just come back on and you just get more irritated because you've mentally prepared yourself for the show to start and you've been standing there for over an hour and you still don't know when it's going to begin.

This is probably a stupid analogy, but I feel like the roadies have come out about 5 times now and it's 11:30 and I'm still standing there waiting for the band to come on. Luckily, it's U2 and I'm willing to wait. Otherwise, I probably would have left.

i hear ya.

i don't think it would have been as bad if U2 wouldn't have originally said back in 2001 that they were gonna release an album ASAP to keep the momentum going.

it's like last night when my friend told me he'd pick me up at 7:30 and didn't get their until 9:15.

Back
Top Bottom