Voting for U2 on TRL !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevM

The Fly
My plan for world domination is almost complete ... I mean my auto voter is almost complete!

It basically works ... now all i need is:

huge list of first names
huge list of last names
huge list of email type servers ie hotmail.com
lots of comments

these are to help the program randomly fill in some bits of the TRL form
biggrin.gif

I have text files with lists from which the things are randomly selected

So what i need is stuff to put in those text files.

oh and i need ppl to join me by running to program when its done!

KevM - http://vote.u2.wox.org
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

eggsalad work skeek the second.

if you need names, try flabeeza, whortence... anyway, we should all pick a day when to vote.... as in the whole u2 web community...

------------------
-deathbear

HAHAHA Kevin you go!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by Red Ships of Scalla-Festa:
eggsalad work skeek the second.

if you need names, try flabeeza, whortence... anyway, we should all pick a day when to vote.... as in the whole u2 web community...

How about tommorow?

------------------
"Jim! Put your shirt back on! You're scaring away all the chicks!"

You could just use a simple directory service for a list of names. Try the one for your university or something. Now, as for the e-mail servers, I doubt they actually check the validity of the domains. But just in case, where there is a school, there is an e-mail server. Shouldn't be too hard. How big is a "huge" list?

------------------
Change is the only constant

I'M IN...JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

------------------
"You know, when we came through here on the Conspiracy of Hope tour, I could just feel something happening. People in offices, and factories, and schools, and artists, and everybody just kind of waking up or something. It was great. I remember, I think we did five dates, five or six dates. But I remember very much Chicago. One, because I think U2 played well that night, it was good. And the other because, you're so noisy. For the name of love!"

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I want an all U2 TRL.

I'm a greedy angel.
wink.gif

Your my kind of Angel!
biggrin.gif

Anywho, count me in too! Just tell me when and I'll vote!! GO U2!!

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Alright people. We need to get the word out and give Kev some time to put the final touches on the program. I say we start this Sept. 4-- its the Tuesday after a holiday in the US [no TRL that day] and two days before U2 is on the Video Music Awards. Agree? So let's get the final touches on this and start sending it all out to u2log, youtwo.net, Wire and whatever lists, etc. How about tomorrow as a deadline to finalize this?

PS- Doing it Tuesday also gives us a three day weekend to get votes in. Three days will give us plenty of time.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

[This message has been edited by sharky (edited 08-29-2001).]

sharky's idea sounds good. i'm in.

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

I'd like to ask the master KEVM if he thinks we really have a shot at this. Polls just on websites are one thing, but this is TRL with the addition of people calling in. Every thing you have done so far has worked KEVM, so if you think this is really possible, then I'm in! I agree, right before the MTV awards would be a great time to capture TRL. I just hope they honor the results. Also, I have not voted on the MTV TRL site, is there a way you can track progress like in the other polls?

From what I remember there won't be any way for us to tell if it's working. We just have to cross our fingers and pray.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
From what I remember there won't be any way for us to tell if it's working. We just have to cross our fingers and pray.

That is the case, which makes it much harder to fool with than other polls were you can see that your voting is working ...

I think the only why they can stop this program at the moment is if they have a list of ips of the ppl who have voted ... apart from them changeing how you submit votes. (or if its rigged anyways)

I have no idea when a good time to vote is ...

But you can get the program right now

------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

[This message has been edited by KevM (edited 08-29-2001).]

Woooooooo hooooooooo. TRL is gonna be ours.......

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Alright I'm going to start doing this today but let's start the big assault on Tuesday. That gives all of us a three-day weekend to tinker with the poll and let the thing go. This should be interesting.......

Has anyone contacted other sites and lists yet?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

thanks KevM. You know I'm in.

But the page isn't coming up for me????

[This message has been edited by womanfish (edited 08-30-2001).]

Update: v 1.0.4 is up

it now has more email addys even better comments such as:

Judson Figner
(judsongfigner399@dcr.net):
Adam is impressive!

Genevieve Paffee (genevievepaffee340@crl.com):
lov it Amazing

Reece Duttedy
(reeced@excaliber.com):
this video neeto!!

Ingrid Bahovemus:
U 2 huge!

And those are just some of the 20,000 possible comments :p

So get your copy at http://vote.u2.wox.org/news.php (if my internet connection is working that is, its been going down a lot, so if you can't connect try again later)

------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

Originally posted by KevM:
(or if its rigged anyways)

I have a feeling that is the case, sad to say.

Anyway, I think sharky's idea of Tues makes sense since most of the middle school and high school kids will be back in school, which may lower their votes a little.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

well how many votes do we really need. I have already voted 800 times in about 10 minutes!

------------------
bonoman

Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Yeah.. I sort of agree with what Christy Moore said (good work on North and South of the River btw
wink.gif
). The other thing is that if it gets posted on major news sites unallied troops could find out what is going on. I dunno how many votes at all it would take to get on TRL though.

totally agreed. Keep it here and have your auto voter on and i guarentee we'll win!!!

Oh and Skeek, you should listen to some of my other stuff its amazing!@!!!

------------------
bonoman

Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

As to whether or not it's rigged, the answer is....well, I don't think so. Read this link, and tell me what you all think. I don't know if MTV has changed their policy since then to avoid this kind of stuff, but it could happen.
http://chimmy.net/mtv.htm

------------------

Oh, and if we really want this to work, we have to get the other major sites to put it up on their home pages. As big as Feedback is, it isn't nearly as popular as several other sites. If we mobilize the entire community, it should be a snap. We'll also need other people to host Kevin's program. Here are some sites we need to alert about this:
www.atu2.com www.u2log.com www.youtwo.net www.u2bloodredsky.com www.u2wire.com

and also the newsgroup, alt.music.u2

If we want September 4, we should get moving!

------------------

Awesome! I will download the software when I get home!

So Tuesday it is right?

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by sharky:
Just bumping this up so you all remember to vote.

Thanks for doing so!!!

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Back
Top Bottom