Vote For U2's Elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
As a New Jersey Devils fan, this is quite exceiting for me. The team is allowing fans to vote from certain songs that will be the Devils' official song when they score a goal in their arena.

Elevation is one of the songs along with

Crowd Chant - Joe Satriani
Do It Again - Queens of the Stone Age
Ole! - The Bouncing Souls
Kern Kraft 400 - Zombie Nation
Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter
Song 2 - Blur
Memory - Barbra Streisand
Kick Start My Heart - Motley Crue
Brohymn - Pennywise
Supercharger Heaven - White Zombie

Vote for U2. I think it would be quite amazing if Elevation was a sports team official song when they score a goal.

http://newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/fanzone/contests/goalsong/index.php

There is the website to vote.

I would like to ask that you post here after you vote to keep the thread alive on the first page.

Thanks so much.

*EDIT* If one of the mod's could sticky this for a week or so, I would be forever in your debt. This would be an amazing thing for U2, even if you don't like hockey.....or the Devils. Haha.

*EDIT* The website not online has the song clips, but also includes the sound of the horn when a goal is scored right before the potential song kicks in.
The sound of the three horns before Elevation is amazing. (There's a strange skip in the wma file)

Here's the link for the audio file :

http://newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/fanzone/contests/goalsong/songs/wma/elevation.wma

Last edited:
Damn, I have to go with Hair Metal !!!!!

Motley Crue :D

Anyway, I can think of a dozen songs that could have been better, for example:

Metallica - Enter Sadman
Guns N' Roses - You Could Be Mine
Ozzy Osbourne - Perry Mason
Sepultura - Territory
Deep Purple - Highway Star
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Def Leppard - Action
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
Queen - Tie Your Mother Down

etc, etc

Bonus Track: Guns N' Roses: Get In The Ring :D

It already is the Vancouver Canucks' song after each goal (just the "Whooohooohs" part). It got a little annoying last year, but this year, we aren't scoring any goals, so its not so bad.

I was at the King's game the other night, and they played a few seconds of the CRUE between plays - it was cool. Don't know if 'Elevation' quite fits here :hmm: Maybe I should vote for Streisand and stick it to the Jersey fans :lol:

Voted Blur, sorry. Seems to fit the occasion

Streisand, can you just imagine?

Somebody comes out to Streets, or they did...might be Canadiens, or Kings, can't remember.

Of course the all-time best goal song was Brass Bonanza (Hartford Whalers), no question.

I think a british soccer team came out to streets (live) , i remember hearing that sometime.

CTU2fan said:
Streisand, can you just imagine?

Somebody comes out to Streets, or they did...might be Canadiens, or Kings, can't remember.

Of course the all-time best goal song was Brass Bonanza (Hartford Whalers), no question.

Wasn't the Kings, at least not this season :wink:

I guess this means no more Gary Glitter at events?

in unrelated news the retards at the NME website used the word " here" instead of " hear" on the my chemical romance story.

www.nme.com

vaz02 said:
I think a british soccer team came out to streets (live) , i remember hearing that sometime.

Sunderland run out to a peculiar medley of 'Dance of the Knights' by Prokofiev and 'Elevation'. The club is also owned by Niall Quinn, managed by Roy Keane and runs out to music from an Irish band, we really should get green shirts as well...

JulioArca said:

Sunderland run out to a peculiar medley of 'Dance of the Knights' by Prokofiev and 'Elevation'. The club is also owned by Niall Quinn, managed by Roy Keane and runs out to music from an Irish band, we really should get green shirts as well...

dont you have a irish captain too ?

Back
Top Bottom