Vote for U2 on Esquire Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DPrinceNY said:
this is so dumb. why is dave mathews band at 40% while u2 only at 5

Because DMB have a rabid fan base, who are probably all busy doing exactly the same thing you're doing--rushing to vote in an utterly inconsequential poll for a lameass magazine they never look at otherwise, simply because Their Hero is one of the candidates.

yolland said:

Because DMB have a rabid fan base, who are probably all busy doing exactly the same thing you're doing--rushing to vote in an utterly inconsequential poll for a lameass magazine they never look at otherwise, simply because Their Hero is one of the candidates.

so are ours...so vote! LOL

We hope that you choke... that you choke :crack:
Sorry my friends, but I had to vote for Radiohead :drool:

Take Care :wave:

maybe theres some sort of bug? dave matthews band and pearl jam face each other in the first round! its very unlikely that 80% of the people would pick those 2 over everyone else

when i saw this like in january, U2 had a huge lead. they must have reset it or tweaked the results or something

Obviously there´re bands that even don´t deserve to be nominated :censored: like Maroon 5 ( most overrated untalented corporate music product ), Outkast, The Hives, Kiss ( what the hell are they doing ?, past their prime a long time ago ), Aerosmith ( the same thing as Kiss ), Metallica ( the same thing as Kiss and Aerosmith ), Destiny´s Child ( another overrated corporate music product ), Bright Eyes ( who the hell they are ? ), etc, etc. :shame: :coocoo:

Rather, where are Keane, Moby, Bjork, etc ? :confused: :tsk:

Pretty crappy list :down: Radiohead should be at number one instead :sad:

Last edited:
bcrt2000 said:
maybe theres some sort of bug? dave matthews band and pearl jam face each other in the first round! its very unlikely that 80% of the people would pick those 2 over everyone else

I could kind of see that to be honest.......both bands have about two or three times as many people that see them live than actually buy their albums....

Here's my picks from another thread about this (that was strangely in the tour discussion area)

Round One:

Franz Ferdinand (over overrated Coldplay)

Wilco (over Audioslave)

Modest Mouse (over Destiny's Child)

Pearl Jam (over DMB)

The White Stripes (over boring arse Interpol)

Green Day (over the Pretenders ripoffs known as The Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

Bright Eyes (over the 15-years-since- good Metallica)

The Dixie Chicks (over the godawful Maroon 5)

Radiohead (over Evanescence, which isn't really a band in my book)

Beastie Boys (over Aerosmith.....I prefer the latter, but the BB's last two albums are a million times better than Aerosmith's)

The Red Hot Chili Peppers (over No Doubt, who shouldn't even be on this since they're on hiatus)

R.E.M. (over KISS.......and I don't think KISS is still around either....)

Outkast (over Velvet Revolver......heh, the most inventive rap group against the least inventive rock one)

Flaming Lips (over Wallflowers)

The Roots (over the Foo Fighters)

U2 (over The Hives)

Round Two:

Wilco (over Franz Ferdinand.....both are two of the best out there)

Pearl Jam (over Modest Mouse.......once again, two more of the planet's best....but PJ gets the edge due to their live show....although every MM record is better than 'Riot Act')

Green Day (over The White Stripes....Green Day has always been more innovative than the Stripes....)

Bright Eyes (over The Dixie Chicks......both are countryish, and the best at their genres (folk and country, respectively)

Radiohead (over Aerosmith........here's hoping that we'll get some actual new material from either of these bands soon)

R.E.M. (over Red Hot Chili Peppers......both bands are still extremely brilliant over twenty years on)

Outkast (over The Flaming Lips)

U2 (over The Roots....download "The Seed 2.0" by The Roots......one of the best rap songs ever recorded.......it really rocks)

Round Three:

Pearl Jam (over Wilco.......once again, Wilco has much stronger studio material as of late......but PJ's live show gives them that edge)

Green Day (over Bright Eyes.......real simple, one of Bright Eyes' two albums that just came out is better than 'American Idiot' and the other is not.......the tiebreaker for me was the live show.....)

R.E.M.(over Radiohead.........sorry, Radiohead, but you lost me on "Hail To The Thief" while R.E.M. won me back with "Around The Sun")

U2 (over Outkast.......sorry, Ms. Jackson...)

Round Four:

Well, four of my all time favorite bands duke it out......Green Day was my fave until PJ came along......

Round Five:

U2 vs. Pearl Jam

Here we are.....my second, and third favorite bands (The Beatles will always rule the rock world)....

Outcome:

The Boys From Dublin

Last edited:
ponkine said:

Rather, where are Keane, Moby, Bjork, etc ? :confused: :tsk:

The first one you mentioned happens to be the most reviled group around, it seems. Moby and Bjork aren't even bands.....and the former's most recent effort is so ungodly horrid.

As for Bright Eyes, the "group" is fronted by Conor Oberst.......a brilliant, young singer/songwriter.

This was my vote: :wink:

Round 1:

Franz Ferdinand
Audioslave ( I don´t know who the hell are Wilco )
Modest Mouse
Pearl Jam
The White Stripes
Green Day
Bright Eyes ( Metallica died with "Load" and all that s**t )
Dixie Chicks ( I really hate Maroon 5 )
Radiohead :drool:
Aerosmith ( just for their past, I don´t like Beastie Boys )
No Doubt
REM
Velvet Revolver
Wallflowers
Foo Fighters
U2

Round 2: ;)

Franz Ferdinand
Modest Mouse
Green Day
Bright Eyes ( I really don´t care about both bands anyway )
Radiohead :drool:
REM
Wallflowers
U2

Round 3 :heart:

Franz Ferdinand
Green Day
Radiohead
U2

Round 4:

Franz Ferdinand
Radiohead

WINNER:

RADIOHEAD :drool:

Ps: This list really missed The Cure :sad: one of the most underrated and ignored bands ever :(

Last edited:
The Cure is one of the most overrated bands ever...........they just aren't that innovative, especially compared to contemporaries such as New Order and Depeche Mode.........

As for you not knowing who Wilco are......considering that you're on a U2 fan, I think you will probably love their "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" album........

The level of ignorance on this board is staggering. Boring Interpol? Don't know who Wilco or Bright Eyes is? Moby and Bjork as bands? Moby and Keane as even being good? The Hives not deserving to be nominated? And while I don't like Velvet Revolver, they are not a rap group, not even psuedo rap. I am just aghast at the comments, maybe I've discovered the reason Dave Matthews is winning.

TheRooster said:
The level of ignorance on this board is staggering. Boring Interpol? Don't know who Wilco or Bright Eyes is? Moby and Bjork as bands? Moby and Keane as even being good? The Hives not deserving to be nominated? And while I don't like Velvet Revolver, they are not a rap group, not even psuedo rap. I am just aghast at the comments, maybe I've discovered the reason Dave Matthews is winning.
some people do have different musical tastes :wink:

TheRooster said:

Interpol - I'm sorry, I just haven't been able to "get" what they're trying to do......I listen to a lot of indie rock and lesser known acts, but I just don't like their stuff.

Wilco and Bright Eyes - Yeah, crazy that some don't know who they are.

Other things you mentioned are definitely absurd as well.......but I don't think anyone said Velvet Revolver was a rap group though....I think you just misread my sentence that said that Outkast was the most innovative rap group and Velvet Revolver was the least innovative ROCK group.

But yeah, I think a lot of the people here need to listen to something besides U2.

BigMacPhisto said:

Other things you mentioned are definitely absurd as well.......but I don't think anyone said Velvet Revolver was a rap group though....I think you just misread my sentence that said that Outkast was the most innovative rap group and Velvet Revolver was the least innovative ROCK group.

But yeah, I think a lot of the people here need to listen to something besides U2.

I stand corrected, I was just shocked by some of the things I read so I didn't double check.

Back
Top Bottom