Viva Las Vegas part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you interested in attending in...

• July 2002

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • August 2002

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • September 2002

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Sometime after September 2002

Votes: 39 60.0%

• Total voters

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've been talked to a few people over the last month or so.. that all like the idea of a return to vegas... "Viva Las Vegas part II". If we could get enough people going at the same time, I'm sure we could arrange some fun U2'ey/Interference events like we did last time.

First, I'm curious if anyone is interested in such a trip for this summer, sometime in July, August, or September, or not.

Please fill out the pole on this thread, and you may also reply to leave your comments (of course) :bono:

Joel

Gee, wouldn?t I love to do this. Buuut, finances and another Eurotrip dictate otherwise. :| There is a PLEBA get-together planned for the last weekend in July in Chicago that I?m going to, so I guess that will have to suffice for my get-together-with-interferencers shot in the arm.

Hope something works out! Vegas I was a great and wonderful time!

Well I have the first week of July off.. other than that it would have to be after September.

I would love to make it for the second time around. July would be best for me because that gives me a month to settle into my new place, and I think I start University in August (I'm not real sure, too focused on summer right now). Requesting off of work shouldn't be a problem. Cool.

I will be there.... name the date... and I'm there!!!!
Do we want tshirts again??? :p

Viva Las Vegas baby!!!! We'll Elevate it again!

I would LOVE to!

I will be in Vegas the week of November 18-22, as I will be presenting at COMDEX. :cool:

Other than November, I wouldn't be able to be there any other time. :(

Aren't there more Interferencers in California than Las Vegas? It may be better to have the reunion where there are a lot of people already nearby.

I won't be able to travel this year so it doesn't affect me either way, but more people might be able to attend if they don't have to travel too far.

I may make this trip to those interested.:)

JesseU2 and Abel are hyped on going.:)

Elvis this would be a good time for you to finally have an adequate oppurtunity to ascertain my true character, just so long as you are buying the drinks.:D

thank you..

DB9

Great idea! I'm only 4 hours away in Orange County and will use any excuse to hit Vegas so I'm in :up:

Hopefully I can finally meet everyone I was too shy to talk to the first time around.

Hmmm....

Vegas = only if U2 is there! :)

and if I happen upon a sudden monetary windfall....between moving, new furniture, and a summer vacation, it's dicey....

the heart is willing...but the pocketbook ain't!

Vegas is always fun. Very hot in the summer - but its a dry heat - right D?

How about going the closest weekend to November 18th? Whenever it is I bet most of us wont be waking up at 5:00 am on Sunday again.

Attachments

• anim_sign_bot.gif
    anim_sign_bot.gif
    75 KB · Views: 430
I'd be there in a hot minute......but like sula, I have a trip to europe that I'm planning and all money must be saved for that :(
It would be so much fun.....

I entered the poll. Anytime after September could work for me. November would probably be ideal.... as I'll be looking for work and there is a firm in Vegas that I'd like to apply at.... so it would be beneficial for me to go again!! :D
God.... could any of you imagine? Me living in Vegas? I'd have to get a bunch of comfy couches for all the visitors I can only imagine I'd get. lol

Lets do something in say, New York City! A little Closer to home. I'm sure all Interferencers from Boston to Washington DC could get up there for a nice weekend. Regional gatherings are easier I think. Of course, one day will have to do a Dublin gathering. Never been to one of these, I think it would be interesting though.

I doubt I could make it, but for everyone who likes Vegas or is interested in Vegas, I highly recommend the following book:

AIR GUITAR: Essays on Art and Democray by Dave Hickey (who received the 2001 MacArthur Genius Award).

Now, I wouldn't go around recommending some boring ol' book of essays, now would I? This book totally rocks. There is, for example, a brilliant essay on Liberace. Who the f**k writes about Liberace? It is both hilarious and thought-provoking. This art/cultural critic is in love with Las Vegas and shed a whole new light on it for me and has made me realllly want to visit. And it's about a lot of other stuff. I promise you'll like it from the first page. Imagine--an art critic who speaks a down-to-earth language absent of pretense.

Last edited:
JessicaAnn said:
After September would be good ... gives me time to same money!

Yes, after September. ( November ? ) I have plans for a trip to New York. What will cost a plane ticket from New York to Vegas ?

Read you, Rono.

So I have a question.... of the people that have replied and entered the poll.... are you actually seriously considering, hey yeah, I'll go to Vegas, or is it more of a.... sounds like good idea... but in the back of your mind know you probably won't go but entered the poll anyway?

Just curious.....

diamond said:
I may make this trip to those interested.:)

JesseU2 and Abel are hyped on going.:)

Elvis this would be a good time for you to finally have an adequate oppurtunity to ascertain my true character, just so long as you are buying the drinks.:D

thank you..

DB9

We'll be in Vegas in July with some friends and hopefully some more interferencers (the more the merrier!) in July (July 18-22). I already have my vacation planned from work, so I can't change it. Not sure if I'd be able to afford to go to Vegas again at a later date.

I'm almost always up for any kind of party!:sexywink:
I'd love to go. After September would be best for me i think. I should have my life sorted out to some extent then.
I'll prolly need to carpool with other ppl from the So Cal area though, unless my financial situation improves (it HAS to!).

Back
Top Bottom