Viva Las Vegas part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you interested in attending in...

• July 2002

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • August 2002

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • September 2002

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Sometime after September 2002

Votes: 39 60.0%

• Total voters
Uh....

I think I'd be interested... since I got no job and all....

Can I bum a ride?:eeklaugh:

Instead of having the meeting in VEGAS, why not have it in the NORTHEAST. The reason I say this is that according to the location poll, 25% of all interferenceres live in the NORTHEAST. This is by far the biggest percentage with the Midwest being the next largest but 40% behind the Northeast. Since most of the people who come here are from the Midwest and Northeast, perhaps Ohio where the Rock n' Roll Hall of fame is would be a better place to meet. Another idea would be New York City or Pittsburgh of Philadelphia. These places one would get the highest number of people to come out for an event.

ABEL said:

We'll be in Vegas in July with some friends and hopefully some more interferencers (the more the merrier!) in July (July 18-22). I already have my vacation planned from work, so I can't change it. Not sure if I'd be able to afford to go to Vegas again at a later date.

Well, it looks like our trip to Vegas is going to be rescheduled, probably sometime in the first three weeks of august...not sure when I'll be there yet, but I'll let y'all know.

STING2 said:
Instead of having the meeting in VEGAS, why not have it in the NORTHEAST. The reason I say this is that according to the location poll, 25% of all interferenceres live in the NORTHEAST. This is by far the biggest percentage with the Midwest being the next largest but 40% behind the Northeast. Since most of the people who come here are from the Midwest and Northeast, perhaps Ohio where the Rock n' Roll Hall of fame is would be a better place to meet. Another idea would be New York City or Pittsburgh of Philadelphia. These places one would get the highest number of people to come out for an event.

my vote is for the rock n' roll hall of fame. I can make that drive!:)

Hell yeah. You're all coming to Ohio and you can stay at my place.
It'll be a little tight, but we'll have fun. ;)

East of Cleveland, in the burbs. If not Ohio, I think we should have a gathering somewhere in the midwest, like Chicago. Would make things more fair for those of us who aren't on the west coast...just my 2 cents (again). :)

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

I vote for late August...though it is pretty HOT temperature wise in Vegas in the summer it's also my birthday and would make for a great reason for a vacation.....well that would make two hot things happening in August with no other holidays...lol (I'm a Lioness, we're allowed to be vain.):yes: :heart: :kiss: :angel:

Attachments

• souldanc.jpg
    souldanc.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 15
Here's my idea...

Why not have simultaneous meet-ups? Have maybe 4 of them. While Las Vegas is only a 2 or 3 hour flight away from where I live, I don't have that kind of money to be flying out to Vegas on a whim... I'm a poor student. :( I'm sure there are many others who are poor students, hehe ;)

If you have simultaneous meet-ups, more people could attend. Have one in the north-east. Have one in the south. Have one in the north-west, and have one... *shrug* somewhere else. The UK. Canada, etc. Make it do-able for everybody. :)

Hell, I'll host something here in Vancouver if there's enough interest. ;) and the Canadian dollar's really weak, so the Canadian/American $ exchange rate works in favour of Americans. It would probably be cheaper to fly to Vancouver and spend your $ there than it would be Vegas, lol...

:p

I like your plan Caramanah.

I was thinking that when people started on about the East. Why can't we have both. WHy does it have to be just Vegas? or Ohio?

*wishes a date for Vegas would be set as the Southwest Airlines special ends tonight at midnight*

Angel said:
I like your plan Caramanah.

I was thinking that when people started on about the East. Why can't we have both. WHy does it have to be just Vegas? or Ohio?

bcuz i cant be spreading myself too thin thats why.
DB9:adam:

I think it will be better after Sep. 15th. (of course I just mean for myself). I would love to see you guys and gals in Vegas but I got a budget. Most of us are from California, and well, why not make it a local event? Not to exclude anyone. But it would be easier. Let me know what the plans are as soon as you figure them out.:angel:

EXIT in Vegas

I know the EXIT girls are gonna be in Ireland from like late August to mid-Sept. Maybe if the date is set after Sept they can finally playing in Vegas for the Interference people. Last year, they were almost booked for the Hard Rock Cafe in Vegas the Friday before the Elevation concert, but someone in the band had a schedule conflict. Let us know if you set something up where they could play.

--Andi
http://www.u2lafans.com
fairnikki2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom