Viva Davidoff, and Bullet the Blue Sky..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay, bear with me here, I'm dumb and I need help.
tongue.gif

First, I was wondering about the track Viva Davidoff from the Passengers' single, Miss Sarajevo. I'd never heard of it before -- what is the deal with the title?

Second, does anyone know who is singing at the beginning of the live Bullet the Blue Sky?

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
First, I was wondering about the track Viva Davidoff from the Passengers' single, Miss Sarajevo. I'd never heard of it before -- what is the deal with the title?

Not being sure about it, I remember reading somewhere during those years that it may has been refered to a cigarrets brand.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

[This message has been edited by rafmed (edited 03-29-2002).]

"Viva Davidoff" is simply an ambient instrumental piece. I think Eno was in charge of this one. Nothing special.

Which live version of "bullet the blue sky" are you talking about?

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Originally posted by Zoocifer:
"Viva Davidoff" is simply an ambient instrumental piece. I think Eno was in charge of this one. Nothing special.

Which live version of "bullet the blue sky" are you talking about?

~z~

The Elevation tour version -- the woman singing at the beginning and all.

BTW, thanks rafmed
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Back
Top Bottom