virgin radio top 500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
REM yep good track! i reckon i know the top 3 but not sure what order!

U2 one
Stones Statisfaction
Led Zep stairway to heaven

i am very confident that the top 2 will be U2 and Led Zep but don't know which way!

would be great if ONE was voted greatest ever track by the brittish public!

well it is a fantastic peice of music! so can't complain about the top 2!

we 17 tracks in the top 500 that bloody amazing! the british public just love U2!

454 - the fly
374 - vertigo
359 - even better than
284 - desire
231 - stuck in a moment
205 - angel of harlem
184 - new years day
166 - mysterious ways
144 - sunday bloody sunday
111 - the unforgetable fire
90 - beautiful day
69 - sweetest thing
56 - with or without you
43 - where the streets have no name
28 - still hav'nt found
15 - pride
2 - one

bands with most songs in top 500

Beatles - 22 tracks
u2 - 17 tracks
stones - 16 tracks

i'm fascinated by this years Virgin Top 500 - Guns and Roses above Imagine and Queen!
still, with the exception of the Number 1 (i think Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest songs ever written) it can only be better than Capitals Top 500... hows this for a top 10

1 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1)
2 Robbie Williams - Angels (2)
3 Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (14)
4 Will Young - Leave Right Now (50)
5 U2 - With Or Without You (7)
6 Britney Spears - Toxic (NE)
7 George Michael - Careless Whisper (8)
8 Mariah Carey - Hero (72)
9 Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing (18)
10 Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved (NE)

will young?? britney spears??? you have got to be kidding :lmao:

The most interesting thing is that Radiohead only had 1 song in the top 500.

Thus proving the point they are noplace near the super band people want them to be.

4 off Achtung Baby
0 off Zooropa
0 off POP
2 off Rattle and Hum
1 off Best Of
2 off ATYCLB
3 off Joshua Tree
2 off Unforgetable Fire
2 off War
1 off Bomb

Not too bad expect to see more off Bomb next year too!

Yahweh said:
The most interesting thing is that Radiohead only had 1 song in the top 500.

Thus proving the point they are noplace near the super band people want them to be.

Or proving the point that the band isn't about catchy singles, and focuses more on making albums that have a larger artistic and thematic statement.

If we're talking songs though, Fake Plastic Trees is up there with any ballad that U2 has ever written. Same with Bulletproof [Wish I Was]. From a personal taste standpoint I'd also add Pyramid Song and a few other standout tracks.

But your explanation is I'm sure one that's easier for people to swallow, at least on a U2 message board.

laz

lazarus said:

Or proving the point that the band isn't about catchy singles, and focuses more on making albums that have a larger artistic and thematic statement.

If we're talking songs though, Fake Plastic Trees is up there with any ballad that U2 has ever written. Same with Bulletproof [Wish I Was]. From a personal taste standpoint I'd also add Pyramid Song and a few other standout tracks.

But your explanation is I'm sure one that's easier for people to swallow, at least on a U2 message board.

laz

High and Dry too chief.

I didnt say Radiohead wasnt a good band I said they arent a super band and never will be.

Radiohead wont be making many more so called thematic statements because they wont be around much longer, I expect Thom Yorke will no longer want to make music anymore or kill himself soon, because oh no the world is such an "evil" place.

Back
Top Bottom