Videos Seen Sicne 9/11/01

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justinb914

Babyface
I've actually seen a lot of "Walk On". I also saw MTV took the song and put it to video imagines of many of the vigils, candlelights and other scenes around new york.

I've seen that "buffalo version" of One at least 3 times on MuchMusic this past week.

Just after the attacks, MuchMusic started to play the buffalo version of the "One" video and continued to play it several times that day. Letting it freeze on the last shot for maximum effect.

The other night, MTV2 showed "Stuck" followed by the Bono-in-the-bar version of "One".

I was just getting ready to post this, but you guys haven't seen any I haven't seen. Just today I have seen Walk On twice, buffalo One, and Rattle and Hum Pride. I would love to see the Bono at the bar One, that is my favorite U2 video. What other U2 videos would you guys recommed? What about SBS? NYD? In UF, there is some sort of flashing light behind the tall buildings of the city, the carousel breaks, and the impression is left things were destroyed, do you think would be too much? I also wanted to ask if who thinks New York will be replaced by Peace On Earth if there is a third leg?

One video I do NOT want to see now(or ever really ) is that terrible remake of 'Smooth Criminal.' I don't like it anyway but now it seems especially tasteless. I mean it talks about being struck down by a smooth criminal, a chreshendo(Bad spelling) and blood stains on the carpet. It should be canned for awhile.

About these VH-1 videos, they seem to be a tape that is replayed over and over. I've had it on all day since early morning and I notice the repitition. Dave Matthews is always after Walk On, and others are reruns. They have a lot of Bon Jovi talking about seeing the fire and making statements. Other stars have spoken out and I can't help wondering where U2 are in all this, it seems like the kind of thing they'd be reacting to.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

"One" - Buffalo version
"Pride" from R&H
And a very good VH1-made video of Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" with images from the aftermath.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:

And a very good VH1-made video of Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" with images from the aftermath.

~U2Alabama

Just saw that. Tear-inducing. And the John Mellencamp with India.Arie song.

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

They keep playing hallelujah, which is great, but they footage they are showing along with it is just horrible.

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

That is my favorite Live song from the new album, and this video is really, really, really, really heartbreaking...

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

yeah, just saw walk on. but, i was hoping for stuck.

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
About these VH-1 videos, they seem to be a tape that is replayed over and over. I've had it on all day since early morning and I notice the repitition. Dave Matthews is always after Walk On, and others are reruns. They have a lot of Bon Jovi talking about seeing the fire and making statements.

I think Mtv's videos are on a tape that keeps replaying as well, because I keep seeing the same videos over and over again...

Contagious by the Isley Brothers and R Kelly
Walk On and Stuck
That stupid song by Uncle Kracker
Some song by Usher
Only God Knows Why by Kid Rock (good choice, I think)
Madonna's cowgirl video
new song by Fuel

It's nice to see Mtv go Britney-free for awhile. I don't think I could stomach any of her videos right now. :p

Yesterday my local news put together images of the WTC towers and all the victims and everything like that, and then they put it to Sting's Fragile. It was so awesome, I cried for the first time over all of this when I saw that.

(Forgive me for misspelling "since" in the topic.)

I believe that the events of the past week have caused MTV and VH1 to (at least temporarily) move from the eye-candy and the bubblegum pop and play music that matters -- not music for the eyes and ears only, but music for the soul.

Because I'm spending an inordinate amount of time watching the news, I'm unable to catch all the videos they've been playing. So, I am wondering...

1) What U2 videos have been played?

2) What other touching videos have been played?

My partial answer:

U2:

Pride (live, Rattle & Hum)
One (Buffalo)

Other:

Sarah McLachlan - I Will Remember You (live)
R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts

What else?

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 09-15-2001).]

I saw the Rattle and Hum version of "Pride" on MTV and "Walk On" on vh-1 within about 45 min. of each other. I also saw "Stuck in a moment..." late last night.

Just saw Walk On on VH1, flipped to MTV and Still Haven't Found was on. Good song too for this time.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom