Video premieres on UK tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBC Radio 1 announced a few minutes ago that TOTP will show U2 "live from their Dublin HQ." I would take this to mean they will show the video that will be available on the DVD single.

Or... dare we hope... an actual live performance from U2. Now, that would be something.

Either way, it couldn't possibly be the final video. Remember they mentioned adding computer-generated 3D effects to that giant target they had? They'll need at least 2-3 weeks post-production for that. Expect the video in mid-October, at best.

radioskugga said:
Is it confirmed that the shoot in spain with the target is for Vertigo and not another single?

YES, it is confirmed.

When the clips of the video were released, you could hear Vertigo playing in the background as reported by the Spanish TV crew.

enajh2 said:
Guys and gals,

I can capture this tonight on my PC off NTL cable.

I'll record in MPEG2 but can then create a smaller, standard MPEG1 file and then encode a realmedia rm file also.

I'll try uploading it to Yousendit first but if that doesn't work then I'll appreciate assistance from anyone here with with space/bandwidth.

Kindest regards,

Alan
Loughborough, UK

Alan, you star :)

I can def help with hosting it if you can upload via yousendit.com, but if that fails I'm prob stuffed as I think the file would be too big for my regular email account. I'm sure you'll get plenty of help from others tho :)

I'm going to have to tape it the old fashioned way which won't help anyone here :(

chris moyles said originally that it was the vertigo video, but then just brfore his show finished, as he was handing over to jo whiley he apoligised and said it was u2 from the recording studio and not the actual video.

that's ok. i'm a bigger fan of performance videos that big production videos, personally.

that doesn't matter, i'm more syched about seeing the live studio version! i'm a guitar nut, so i want to see which guitar edge used. i think it's the Gibson SG (he used for "Elevation")

5 mins to go

*is excited*

ive heard its more of a performance (hopefully live) than a video -but i guess we will soon find out

Sorry to burst your bubbles guys but I watched the preview of the episode and there's no mention of U2 (surely the biggest feature). So I guess it's not on after all then :( Nearly too good to be true.

Dejà vu.... :eyebrow:

And yet... this is the BBC we're talking about, not some stupid local radio station. They even put it on their site.

Let's wait and see. (Well, some of you'll see, I'll just sit here and wait :wink: )

yeah exactly - bbc - the oldest and most reliable news network in the world - my bet is at the end of the program they will say - heres a sneak preview of u2s new single - and they will play like 30 seconds of it:( at least that would be something i guess

ive been looking foward to this all day too:(

The Corrs - Angel
Good Charlotte - Predictable
Razorlight - Vice
Joss Stone - You Had Me
Green Day - American Idiot
U2 - Vertigo
Eric Prydz - Call On Me

seen on bbcprime.com

Back
Top Bottom