Video of Jonathon Ross gig + interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's a torrent?

And yeah it's "miserable bastard", because there's some guy in the crowd who stays on his seat. A bit surprising from Bono but anyway!!

I think they played another song on set that wasn't broadcast. I taped it from TV last night so I've only seen it once but doesn't Bono say something like "alright, one more" just before they cut off?

And FINALLY, I guess this means IWF will be a set regular on this upcoming tour again (what with the SNL performance of it and now this one too).

:shifty:

u2_twjr_1.jpg

u2_twjr_2.jpg

u2_twjr_3.jpg

Video options.....

Edited highlights, 34mins, as WMV 352x288 364kbps video 64kbps audio = ~90Mb (comparable quality to CDUK Miracle Drug video, but sharpness is somewhat lacking during Vertigo and I Will Follow due to fast camera motions :( )

Edited highlights, 34 mins, as VCD MPG 352x288 = 340Mb

Entire show, 60 mins, as VCD MPG 352x288 = 600Mb

Maybe I'll just send the whole lot to Dave Gorman!! :wink: :up:

[Edit]

mwb2, could we put the wmv file up on your uni website in place of your mpg files? :) I only have 55Mb of space on mine.

I'll also try and get this hosted by u2exit.com too ;)

Alan

Last edited:
I will upload the following from my university office shortly once I've had some dinner :)

files.jpg

I will upload at least one copy each of the VCD and WMV files to post here, in addition to the links I will keep private for Dave Gorman, Kevin @ u2exit, and MLK @ U2preservation.

We already have a DVD of Miracle Drug but I believe MLK is going to do a DVD of the indoor TOTPs Vertigo performance from my mpg because his own capture was from an analogue signal. Mine is digital :)

There is some "banding" interference on the Jonathan Ross video because I forgot to take out my SCSI adapter card last night/this morning :( But it's still better than if I were to take it out and capture from my VHS copy! :lol:

Alan

I've been having a few issues with the second upload of the 348Mb file. University cache errors! :huh:

My current attempt, about #5 or 6 I think, is still going and in light of this I may keep this link private until we can get a torrent going.

I'm not 'at' my office computer any longer but am controlling it via VNC. I will upload the others before the morning with any luck. The university network gets really choked during weekday work hours :rolleyes:

[Edit]
The highlights mpg is now up, 340Mb ;)

Trying a second WMV upload...

Last edited:
enajh2 said:

Well, I finished this torrent and the quality is AAA+++, definately worth the 2Gigs. This is probably a good time to get on it since it will probably have a lot of seeds the next few days and you'll probably get great download speeds.

Just make sure you use the fixed file torrent here:

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=16968

This show ranks up there with SNL, actually I like it more just because the interview part is so so great.

beli said:
I havent tried a torrent before. This thing is taking ages ie days. Im doing the 16691 though. Is that the wrong one?

Well, you'll only make it to 99.9% with that one and you really need the whole thing.

You should go to the other thread and follow the instructions on what you have to do. Be careful so you don't lose what you've already downloaded. There are seeds already on the new torrent so it should start going quicker now.

What BT program are you using? I had no problems with the new file and within seconds I got the .1% I was missing and it worked perfectly.

enajh2 said:
If anyone is about to start a DVD torrent then I would recommend Dave Chapman's torrent, judging by the quality of the screenshots and the info.

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=16750

Yeah, I saw that one but I guess you'd only want that if you want to see the whole show. Honestly I was only interested in the U2 parts and the quality of the original one you posted is excellent, I'm not sure how much better this one could be.

beli said:
Thanks Im on the fixed one now Ramblin. I dont seem to have lost much. Gawd this has been a steep learning curve. lol. :crack:

That's great. You should notice faster speeds now also, since more people have finished.

Can I ask a question about the ratio thingie? Mines swaying widely in the breeze. Anywhere from 1.20 to 0.45. If I just leave it going when I have finished will I get the ratio back up? Or do I have to do something special? I dont want to do the wrong thing.

beli said:
Can I ask a question about the ratio thingie? Mines swaying widely in the breeze. Anywhere from 1.20 to 0.45. If I just leave it going when I have finished will I get the ratio back up? Or do I have to do something special? I dont want to do the wrong thing.

All you have to do is leave it on until at least you've reached 1.00, of course you should leave it going as much as you can once you finish, you don't have to do anything you will starting seeding automatically.

You can check your ratio on top of the easytree page (if you're logged in) so you know you've given at least as much as you've gotten, it should be > 1

Alan.

Thank.you!

Finally downloaded. Was holding out for AVI, but this is really good quality. Thanks!

NTLWorld webspaces are 55mb max each per user and you can only upload to them from NTL connections, so even if there was enough space it would take me three or four days on mine to upload a file this size!! :laugh:

I would be hosting the smaller wmv files permanently if the above weren't true ;)

I've uploaded this mpg from my university computer, and to be honest I shouldn't really being doing it!! :D

I suggest you use a download manager to download a file from Yousendit as big as this.

Definitely worth it though until I can seed a DVD. There's lots of Bono throughout :)

If you can upload a copy yourself when it's done that would be just dandy! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom