Video: Dortmund 1984

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Refugee
I was just watching the video of U2 in Dortmund, Germany, on (I believe) November 21st, 1984. Second time I've seen it and it is really special. I love the UF tour and setlists, and the all out passion and commitment they brought to these shows (not that those two things are at a premium on any U2 tour).

Just wondering if anybody else has seen this vid, and what you thought of it. It rocks my world.

Awesome show, the band are in blistering form, each and every song is played with real vigour and Bono sings as if his life depends on it. The show really does illustrate what an earnest and demonstrative frontman he was throughout this era, he's giving everything he's got and holding nothing back in order to connect with the audience. Plus the band sound so raw and powerful, I think they really did feel as if they had something to prove.

Standout songs: I Will Follow, Electric Co, SBS, Bad, October and Pride.

A really spirited show, it makes me wish we had more professionally shot footage from this tour.

I would give serveral ligaments to have been able to witness a show from the Unforgettable Fire Tour

Salome said:
I would give serveral ligaments to have been able to witness a show from the Unforgettable Fire Tour
:banghead: so with you on that one!
I was 15 when the UF tour hit sydneytown and parental reign was pretty tight . . . wasn't allowed to go :scream: and the scars are still reasonably evident . . . after watching the dortmund vids (thanks DevilsShoes for the link) me thinks I'm going to need some more therapy :wink:

absolute poetry to watch - thanks :runsbacktoyoutube:
:wave:

I got the video off a Torrent site -- where it was I don't know now. Whether or not the video is legal to download I also don't know, but I'm sure it's still out there if you look around.

Warning: Bono's clothes and hair are at their all-time low at this gig!!! It's a credit to his performance that he still comes off pretty well thanks to his superlative vocals and passion.

oh yeah it does lack them, sorry, I didn't read the previous posts closely. This is another one of the shows that I sure wouldn't mind seeing on a bonus dvd release. :drool:

:yes: :sexywink: Yes, yes yes, agree with all that was one of their best...only wish I could have been there!! The passion, the Fire..both band and crowd! Oh, but Gloria rocked MY world on that show.....but others as well!:drool: :wink: Bono!:heart: :love: Really enjoying himself singing....and living in the moment! Awe..!

My all-time favorite version of "Bad" next to Live Aid. :yes:

The rest of the concert ain't shabby either. :sexywink:

Jamila said:
My all-time favorite version of "Bad" next to Live Aid. :yes:

The rest of the concert ain't shabby either. :sexywink:

:up: just beautiful in its intensity
(newbie to the Dortmund concert - don't know what rock I've been living under! :reject: but its fast becoming a fave . . . live aid bad still just pips it though. . . just- maybe its the memory of staying awake all night to watch the whole Live Aid phenomena unravel and the absolute THRILL when the lads walked on stage - I can almost feel those goosebumps now!)

definatly should be made into an official DVD, i love Pride and Bad on this, fucking awesome! the title for the audio is correct...

"On fire in Dortmund!"

Back
Top Bottom