VH1 MTV Rebroadcast Live8 July 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*browneyedgirl*

Rock n' Roll Doggie
VH1 MTV Rebroadcast Live8 Saturday July 9

According to Yahoo news, Billboard.com, and Broadcasting and Cable. They are showing this again on Saturday July 9. 10 hrs. Beginning at 10:00 a.m EST with VH1 and then MTV at 3:00 p.m. EST.

MTV, VH1 Will Rebroadcast Live 8

By Ken Kerschbaumer -- Broadcasting & Cable, 7/8/2005 11:17:00 AM

Abstract: MTV and VH1 are giving anyone who suffered through the commercial-heavy and interview-laden Live 8 coverage last Saturday a chance to see full and additional performances on July 9. (Rule one: don’t interrupt Dave Gilmour’s guitar solo on "Comfortably Numb" so a VJ can tell viewers that Pink Floyd is on stage.)

From Billboard.com:

With stinging criticism still fresh of their coverage of last weekend's worldwide Live 8 concerts, MTV and VH1 have confirmed plans to rebroadcast 10 hours of performances tomorrow (July 9). VH1 will offer five hours of programming beginning at 10 a.m. ET, with MTV taking over at 3 p.m. ET.

"We're in a constant and candid dialogue with our audience," MTVN Music Group President Van Toffler says. "In the wake of our coverage last Saturday, our viewers have resoundingly told us online they want to see full performances from their favorite artists."

Last edited:
It's sad that we have to TELL them that we want to see full performances. They should have done it right the first time. You'd think that a channel supposedly devoted to music would know how to properly handle a concert, but I guess that's too much to ask. :madspit:

This is like the year I forgot my girlfriend's birthday. I bought a nice expensive gift a day later, but it didn't matter, the damage was done.

If they would have done it right the first time, there would NOT be
ANY reason for them to re-broadcast it ... :ohmy:

Live and Learn MTV and VH-1 ... Live and Learn !! :tsk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom