VH1 Legends: U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
So we were talking about VH1 over in the music folder at the Lemonade Stand, and this came up...anyone interested in viewing this? There are two versions, one goes up through the end of the Pop era, the second one aired shortly after ATYCLB was released and had a tacked on minute and a half about the release of ATYCLB. I have the first one, the one that goes through the end of the Pop era from the very beginning. This is a GREAT watch, one of the most candid looks at U2 you're gonna find. I highly, HIGHLY, reccomend it. It is a 74MB Realvideo file. I've uploaded it. Mods, I ask you nicely to refrain from moving this thread, please let VH1 Legends: U2 get the attention it deserves. :)

http://s34. you send it .com/d.aspx?id=3R9KNNU97R33H0HK13RRRHBXUD

Remove the spaces.

It's a good introduction to the band's history, but if you've been a true hardcore fan for a while, it's a bit too basic. The information is common knowledge for virtually all fans, but if you're new to the band, it's a great hour-long recap of their career 1976-1998.

Oh man... I feel like crying tears of joy after watching that VH1 special. :bow: Thanks a million for posting that, namkcuR. My favorite moments were:

1. When Adam says "Don't leave the stage without permission from all three of us". :lol:

2. The early performances before 1980, :ohmy:

3. When the narrator says "They were the hottest band of the 80s and now they'd become the coolest band of the 90s" :)

4. "This is it!" - Larry on One

5. "The moment we become a crap band, we're out of here. Crap is not measured in sales or even relevance. It's the sense of adventure" - Bono. :applaud: .... the sense of adventure, that's what I've been screaming all along.

Also I liked the part where Adam admits that they weren't very good at having fun with the whole American Roots thing with Rattle & Hum. And people misunderstood them to be self-important.

Wasn't thrilled about Larry calling Pop a major mistake though. Hey, maybe if they had given themselves enough time and not started working just a year earlier in 1996, it would've reflected better on the final product. All said and done, this was the best rockumentary I've ever seen. Thank you once again.

unnamed_streets said:
Oh man... I feel like crying tears of joy after watching that VH1 special. :bow: Thanks a million for posting that, namkcuR. My favorite moments were:

1. When Adam says "Don't leave the stage without permission from all three of us". :lol:

2. The early performances before 1980, :ohmy:

3. When the narrator says "They were the hottest band of the 80s and now they'd become the coolest band of the 90s" :)

4. "This is it!" - Larry on One

5. "The moment we become a crap band, we're out of here. Crap is not measured in sales or even relevance. It's the sense of adventure" - Bono. :applaud: .... the sense of adventure, that's what I've been screaming all along.

Also I liked the part where Adam admits that they weren't very good at having fun with the whole American Roots thing with Rattle & Hum. And people misunderstood them to be self-important.

Wasn't thrilled about Larry calling Pop a major mistake though. Hey, maybe if they had given themselves enough time and not started working just a year earlier in 1996, it would've reflected better on the final product. All said and done, this was the best rockumentary I've ever seen. Thank you once again.

You're welcome, glad you liked it so much :)

yeah, the link let me click on download the file but then Explorer shut down--twice! maybe YSI is having problems...looks like the link has not expired. I'll repost it if it expires again if I can get it the first time...

I have it on tape somewhere, hehe, so this had been aired before, and VH1 tacked on the ATYCLB parts, I thought the band looked like the Pop days in it.

I've found VH1 tends to recycle programs, like they'll take some footage from "behind the music" and use it in I love the 80's series or something.

U2 didn't have enough dirt for "behind the music" which is why they're legends. ;)

Hi there, I am trying to get to the link also and it won't go through. can some one send me the one that works. Also I hade Outside it's America and I lost it years ago when i kept on moving. i would really appreciate it if someone has that dvd or vhs. i don't know how it works on here that you guys trade or help eachother out.:wave: here is my e-mail ultraswt67@aol.com

Last edited:
Guys, I'm really sorry I haven't re-uploaded it yet...I've been busy. Today is the day, I promise. Just not for another 2-4 hours...am at school, gotta get home first.

It'll be a ysi link, I'm not up to e-mailing all those addys you guys posted...

Back
Top Bottom