vh1 classic - A Celebration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
I watching some college FB and during the commercial break I channel flip. I come across VH1's We Are the 80s on VH1 Classic and what do I catch the tail end of? A Celebration! Didn't know networks like VH1 and MTV knew this video existed.

Funny :wink: The oldest thing I've seen in VH1 is New Year's Day.

Please...if anyone can let me know of a way to find this video online I would be so grateful! I've seen it, but not for years and I have been searching for a long time to see it again. All those wonderful special effects! Been hoping if they ever put the Best of 80-90 on DVD they would include all the extra videos like A Celebration.

Thanks!

The first time I saw the video for "A Celebration" was the first week of January 1997 when MTV premiered the video Discotheque. For the entire DAY, MTV became U2: A TO Z. All of U2's videos were shown, non-stop for the entire day and when ever they got to the D's they would show Discotheque after showing a special 10 second intro announcing it as the World Premier.

Anyways, "A Celebration" was always started of the A TO Z segment which went on several times from morning to midnight.

Its a great video I think as well as a great song. I've visited Kilmainam Jail in Dublin. I visited the jail during January and it was actually colder inside some of the cell blocks than it was outside, very strange.

STING2 said:
The first time I saw the video for "A Celebration" was the first week of January 1997 when MTV premiered the video Discotheque. For the entire DAY, MTV became U2: A TO Z. All of U2's videos were shown, non-stop for the entire day and when ever they got to the D's they would show Discotheque after showing a special 10 second intro announcing it as the World Premier.

Yep, that special is what I have on tape.

Man, I haven't seen that video since MTV did the same kind of U2 weekend around when Achtung came out. That's the ONLY time I've seen it.

First time I saw the video was summer of 1988. USA network had a nighttime music video show called Night Flight. They did a 2 hour special on U2, playing all U2 videos. A Celebration was the 3rd video they played.

Back
Top Bottom