Very good interview of Bono and Larry...watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have that interview on a CD somewhere... I always thought it had been done on the radio. :reject:
Is good to see it though! Thanks for posting, gherman :)

Thanks for posting. That was a great interview and one of my favorite Bono looks besides Beautiful Day look.

Its nice to see that everything they said here, is what got them to where they are today which is such a rarity.

Heres the performance from the same interview:
This was before the Joshua Tree was finished. This version of Trip Through Your Wires was rearranged to become the version on JT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJSiDABrJic

Last edited:
TO all above
Very cool. I love to see/hear rare stuff, any stuff for that matter- i guess it is the next best thing to being there. I do believe Edge was "on fire" there for sure!!:cool: :applaud:

Zootlesque said:
Wow.... :sad:

This is Part II of the 1997 interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecFzcqGL48M&mode=related&search=

:sad:

Btw, all you Mofo/Pop haters, listen to what Bono is saying there. It's not a drum machine. It's Larry playing. Pop is NOT a techno record.

It's really no surprise they said "fuck it" and did a total 180 in the year 2000. lol.

I have this interview on VHS somewhere and you are right, they seem pretty pissed off by the Pop backlash... It's a shame really...

elevated_u2_fan said:
I have this interview on VHS somewhere and you are right, they seem pretty pissed off by the Pop backlash... It's a shame really...

Yup. I don't blame them for becoming pussies with ATYCLB.

I still blame them for the horrible hodgepodge of a 90s Best Of though! :wink:

I like how "it's unfinished" turned into "I hate it" over the years and how their dislike with Pop started in 2000's.

They have also themselves to blame for the backlash (what with the weak tour start, and no clear direction on the record) and Pop was U2 coming off the experimentation era naturally. There's songs on there that could easily been written in 00's.

U2girl said:
Pop was U2 coming off the experimentation era naturally. There's songs on there that could easily been written in 00's.

There's a bit of a merge if you think about it. SATS sounds like it could have been written for ATYCLB and Peace On Earth sounds like it could have been written for Pop, to go before say Wake Up Dead Man!

Back
Top Bottom