very average lp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davroswildebees

Babyface
Come on let's not fool ourselves... HTDAAB aint the best.. or second or third for that matter. There is nothing that you could call a classic on it.
1. vertigo=careless bandwagon jumping(strokes/hives etc)un memorable, pointless single.
2.miracle drug=rambling.. tuneless
3.sycmioyo=great song.this is more like it
4.love&peace=good bluesy rocker.. doesnt seem to go anywhere.
5.cobl=trying for the un fire sound.pompous,boring pap.
6.aboy=tryin to be the who but ultimately shite
7.man and woman=beautiful.echoes of love comes tumbling and dancing barefoot.highlight
8.crumbs=ok..not memorable tho
9.one step=very grace(atyclb) saved by the eno-isms.
10.oots=nice song.very soundtrack sounding.
11.yahweh=this is a great track.the chorus soars
12.fastcars=better vibe alltogether proving u2 do best when they experiment.

The album is a bit of a let down to me.They dont seemed to have moved on since atyclb.

The worst thing is.. its probably their last lp.
At this rate... not a bad idea.
So come on you guys... I know your gonna slag me off here..
I'm sorry, but it's just the way I feel

Adios

Have you had your hearing checked lately?

You clearly haven't listened to the album properly.

davroswildebees said:
Come on let's not fool ourselves... HTDAAB aint the best.. or second or third for that matter. There is nothing that you could call a classic on it.
1. vertigo=careless bandwagon jumping(strokes/hives etc)un memorable, pointless single.
2.miracle drug=rambling.. tuneless
3.sycmioyo=great song.this is more like it
4.love&peace=good bluesy rocker.. doesnt seem to go anywhere.
5.cobl=trying for the un fire sound.pompous,boring pap.
6.aboy=tryin to be the who but ultimately shite
7.man and woman=beautiful.echoes of love comes tumbling and dancing barefoot.highlight
8.crumbs=ok..not memorable tho
9.one step=very grace(atyclb) saved by the eno-isms.
10.oots=nice song.very soundtrack sounding.
11.yahweh=this is a great track.the chorus soars
12.fastcars=better vibe alltogether proving u2 do best when they experiment.

The album is a bit of a let down to me.They dont seemed to have moved on since atyclb.

The worst thing is.. its probably their last lp.
At this rate... not a bad idea.
So come on you guys... I know your gonna slag me off here..
I'm sorry, but it's just the way I feel

Adios

Where have you heard Fast Cars incidently?

Aardvark747 said:

Haha! Lost track of the amount of times you've used that phrase Axver!!:wink:

Hehe, well, I think I've managed to word it differently each time!

And really, if you think Miracle Drug is rambling and tuneless, you obviously need to get your hearing checked pretty promptly. That's like saying One has no emotion.

(I'm also betting this person might mean Mercy instead of Fast Cars. Though it's not experimental. So who knows?)

You're entitled to your opinion, obviously, but so are we. Saying stuff like "let's not fool ourselves" is just disrespectful towards other's opinions. I'm sorry you don't like it, but a lot of us do. I think it's their best album since Joshua Tree, but I'm not saying you should.

With that said, where in the world did you get Fast Cars?!

Hmm, I'm confused. I was browsing through your posts, and I found where you said this:

Can i just say that this is the most u2 lp since Joshua tree.
ATYCLB was u2 trying to be u2.
HTDAAB is u2 being u2 naturally.
There are tracks on here that are evoke memories of their whole career.

Well done guys..

P.S You still rock my world!!!

Are you just messin' with us here? ;)

joaoricardo said:
why do not you all get a life?

I'm a newbie here as well, as far as posting goes, and what he says is really asking for it. What disrespect....:mad:

Not a great first impression, arshole!!

joaoricardo said:
why do not you all get a life?

:lmao:

What's your problem, pal? Your other posts have been disrespectful.
Do you have some problem? Do you wish to talk about it?
In on other post you said "You need all to grow up (some are even stupid)" or something like that.
well... I think its time to you to learn how to walk, daddy won't be here forever...

There is another thread w/ the link to Fast Cars. It's probably just like 30 seconds just looped over and over again. SOunds really fun though. VERY Un U2.:wink:

We need to really screen the people who come into these forums. Too many wannabe fans who simply don't get it.

I'm getting really tired of newbies dropping in when an album hits - first getting the album almost 3 weeks early, when who knows if they are even gonna buy it, and second, spouting off the ridiculous crap that started this thread. Obviously this lurker/troll hasn't heard fast cars, and as was pointed out by gorman seems to be posting wildly different opionions on the same subject in different threads. Sorry, just had to rant since it seems that half the people posting lately have small amount of posts, and many have BIG attitudes.

(If you are a newbie who is here for the right reasons, please don't take these comments as being towards you)

we all come here cause we like U2 not to piss people off i think, thats what more experienced posters are for........................

ZeroDude said:
we all come here cause we like U2 not to piss people off i think, thats what more experienced posters are for........................

LOL. Zing!

You're right about 99% of the people, but there have been quite a few trolls over the last several years. And it doesn't bother you at all to see someone with 1 post saying - "send me the Mp3's of the new album"??? Yes most will probably still buy it, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

womanfish said:
I'm getting really tired of newbies dropping in when an album hits - first getting the album almost 3 weeks early, when who knows if they are even gonna buy it, and second, spouting off the ridiculous crap that started this thread. Obviously this lurker/troll hasn't heard fast cars, and as was pointed out by gorman seems to be posting wildly different opionions on the same subject in different threads. Sorry, just had to rant since it seems that half the people posting lately have small amount of posts, and many have BIG attitudes.

(If you are a newbie who is here for the right reasons, please don't take these comments as being towards you)

Agreed. some posters here are pretty sorry mean people.

But looking at the number of posts by your name... a high number of posts doesn't make some people around here any nicer.

Also, some people read these posts all the time and then occassionally want to post but have forgotten their username or password. doesn't make me any less informed about u2 or any less of a fan.

xovonob now! said:

Agreed. some posters here are pretty sorry mean people.

But looking at the number of posts by your name... a high number of posts doesn't make some people around here any nicer.

Also, some people read these posts all the time and then occassionally want to post but have forgotten their username or password. doesn't make me any less informed about u2 or any less of a fan.

Amen to that................... btw i reckon someone should do a peace thread for chillin'

Last edited:
Yes..the new users turning up and immediately bashing U2 and the album are total dickwads..its obvious they are just here to stir up trouble and not to contribute in a balanced, fair manner.

That said, sometimes here there can be a bit too much gushing..

Back
Top Bottom