Vertigo vs. HMTMKMKM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hold Me Thrill Me is much better, sexier and less cheesy than the ridiculously overrated Vertigo. On some days, Hold Me Thrill Me is my favorite song of the 90s.

U2Man said:

Knowing you, I'm gonna guess you're joking. :wink:

Not even a contest, the songs shouldn't even be in the same category.

Hold Me, hands down. But it's really not fair that's apples to oranges.

why put vertigo against anything else in the u2 catalog? it's the weakest song ever. the lyrics are shite, the chorus is pointless and the title is...................................well stupid. your putting a "pop" song against a bunch off real songs.

Easy, Vertigo. After seing Vertigo live, Vertigo2 live and hearing a lot of live versions with all the snippets and Bono's amazing FEEL's and KNEEL's, I can only say its one of their most powerful songs live.

kingofsorrow said:
why put vertigo against anything else in the u2 catalog? it's the weakest song ever. the lyrics are shite, the chorus is pointless and the title is...................................well stupid. your putting a "pop" song against a bunch off real songs.

Exactly! A better comparison would be Vertigo vs. Elevation.

Keeping with the topic, I think it would be interesting to see what people feel about...

"Live" Vertigo/Stories For Boys (snippet) vs. "Studio" Hold Me Thrill Me

I was never a huge fan of Hold Me Thrill Me live. :reject: Whereas I love Vertigo live, esp. that snippet! :drool: I guess all the more cos I was able to experience it live.

Haha! I only have the Popmart Santiago dvd and it didn't have this song. :madspit:

It did have an amazing version of MOTD though! :drool:

While Vertigo is the song that made me sit up and take notice of U2 in my adult life, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me was the U2 song I loved in my youth, and I still love it :love:

Hold Me,Thrill Me. I like Vertigo, but HMTM is a much better song. It has some nice changes whereas Vertigo pretty much stays put form beginning to end.....same beat, same bass.

I really, really, really loved Vertigo when I first heard it. However, it just didn't hold up for me over the long run. It's all flash without enough substance.

HMTMKMKM on the other hand is flash with plenty of substance underneath.

Back
Top Bottom