Vertigo Video Lyp Sync

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedge111

Refugee
Anyone else notice how off the lyp sync is...why wouldnt they match it up???

Maybe it's all about trying to convey the disconcerting effects of vertigo.

Just a guess. Haven't seen it yet.

strannix said:
Maybe it's all about trying to convey the disconcerting effects of vertigo.

Just a guess. Haven't seen it yet.

Thats what i was thinking to, because it really is quite bad. It must have been done on pourpous.

its really bad at the start of the video, but the last 2/3 of the video i thought was really well done

I thought the same thing the first few times I saw it. It does seem to get better towards the end, though.

Strange and definitely annoying to me at least...

theres two scenes where bono is flapping his arms and singing, i think those were the worst shots.. i mean they look good but the singing is totally off.. i bet he was singing a different line and the director put those shots for different lines because they thought they were cool.. bono's singing usually isn't off in music videos.. at least not in any of the ATYCLB videos

I hate to say it, but for a band that has more money than God and is as big as U2 are, this video seems to be done pretty poor in many spots, and almost like it was done by some second rate guys.

PowerSurge said:
I hate to say it, but for a band that has more money than God and is as big as U2 are, this video seems to be done pretty poor in many spots, and almost like it was done by some second rate guys.

but it was-- i never thought the white stripes video was that great.. especially the *3d graphics* that they used in there, they were brutally outdated.. the only thing that they did is this camera zooming effect that anyone can do without special equipment, and it turned out pretty good because the music kinda fit the barebones look of the video

This is the worst U2 video ever made...I mean special effects? Lip Synching? White Stripes producers? Vertigo?!?!?!

Wow, I hate it for all those reasons and many more you all have yet to point out to me.

Give me the "Stuck In A Moment" US Version, or the "A Celebration" video for examples of GREAT U2 videos. This one stinks....:wink:

On TV, I didn't notice the lip synching problem like I did in the Quicktime/Windows Media version. I'm thinking there might have been something wrong with the audio synch in those files. Have you all noticed it on TV too? Maybe I'm blind :)

I think it's a good video. It's not overly deep in meaning, but it's fun to watch, similar to how the song is fun to listen to. I'm enjoying both a lot! Then again, I also really liked The White Stripes video, so I may just like this style in general.

gorman said:
On TV, I didn't notice the lip synching problem like I did in the Quicktime/Windows Media version. I'm thinking there might have been something wrong with the audio synch in those files. Have you all noticed it on TV too? Maybe I'm blind :)

I think it's a good video. It's not overly deep in meaning, but it's fun to watch, similar to how the song is fun to listen to. I'm enjoying both a lot! Then again, I also really liked The White Stripes video, so I may just like this style in general.

Yep just saw it for the second time on tv and its brutal through out.

This video just does not do the song any justice what so ever!!

JOFO said:

surely, you can't be serious.

i loved both versions of stuck in a moment, the non-US one a bit better because its the full song and has a little bit more depth, but the US one is hilarious :)

I LOVED the non US version of Stuck in a Moment! I'm not a big fan of the US version. Edge keeps falling/slipping in that one. lol Why is it that Edge keeps getting kidnapped/tortured/hurt in videos? Seems he was spared in Vertigo!:wink:

For every great U2 video there are about 90 bad ones. I just don't think U2 are the type of band to have great music videos, sorry guys. I can only count on one hand the number of really GREAT U2 videos that are actually cool and ground breaking.

madonna's child said:
Vertigo is poorly edited.

thats what i think too

the concept is great and its visually its quite effective although i'm not so keen on a lot fo the fx.
but the editing is just slow and sloppy and static - its really lacking a lot of the energy that the song has and pulls it down. should have been choppier, quicker, more energetic and better synched to the beat of the track.

it has a lot of potential but its really poorly executed and doesnt do the song any justice

edgeu22 said:
US "Stuck" video is my personal least favorite all-time.

Nice screen name, Capital City Goofball. Nice "Airplane" reference as well.

Thanks, the CCG is the most underappreciated character on the simpsons I think. I found a total of 3 pix of him on the internet! There are probably more pictures of Joe Rockhead from the flinstones out there...and what has HE ever done??

There's very few video U2 have done that I've really liked.
I actually like the "Walk on" video that was filmed in UK. Doesn't seem like many fans care for it. I also like the Berlin version of "One", "With or Without You" "All I Want is You" and "Stay". Other than that I'm not sure I really *LIKE* a whole lot of them. Mst are passible...not sure if Vertigo is a great one, but I don't care. As long as the album is.......

Last edited:
digsy said:

thats what i think too

the concept is great and its visually its quite effective although i'm not so keen on a lot fo the fx.
but the editing is just slow and sloppy and static - its really lacking a lot of the energy that the song has and pulls it down. should have been choppier, quicker, more energetic and better synched to the beat of the track.

it has a lot of potential but its really poorly executed and doesnt do the song any justice

i thought it was too, until i saw it the way it was intended, then it looked spot on to me, i didnt notice any synch problems

Back
Top Bottom