Vertigo Video - Cool! Instructions here how to see it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's cool video, nothing more. I haven't loved a U2 video since Stay. I wasn't expecting anything too artistic from the 7 Nation Army video directors so this works.

I think its pretty cool. Has cool effects and makes the song sound (look) rocking. Better than all the ATYCLB video (except European Stuck).

Well it's more 'Seven Nation Army' than 'Stuck In An American Football Game', 'Elevation Raider' and 'Who's Gonna Ride You Wild Concert Footage', so I'm delighted!

I can't get it to work either. Someshit about it has Activex that is unsafe and my security setting won't allow this to display the page properly.:blahblah:
I was so looking forward to seeing this :sad:
I scrolled down the page some and clicked on another Vertigo link that came up in Media Player, but there was no video, only music.
If this comes up in another format, please post it.. someone OK?

videos suck now.

vertigo looks like a video game, very unrealsitic computer generated animation. if you like that sort of thing, i guess its ok. it doesn't really matter no one plays videos anymore.

i think the ipod commercial would have made a better video.

the song is still great, and they album will be great- so its ok they spent a lot of money on a bad video.

Last edited:
Cool video...setting reminds me of Beautiful Day but it's still some cool stuff.

As a 3D grad student I'm sitting here analyzing exactly how they did those shots!

I'm a big fan of it. Given U2's sorry history with videos, it's just straight up fun. Not artsy. Not pretentious. It rocks. Good for them.

I think I should reserve judgement until I see it on a tv screen. That AOL viewer doesn't do it much justice.

I don't understand why U2 bothered going out into a desert to shoot this. For as much of the desert as you actually see, they could have just shot on a green screen and faked the whole thing. And the weird black streaming coming out of them doesn't do much for me.

*ahum*
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1801579#post1801579
*ahum*

smokin' eh, right?

The compression on this version is pretty rough, the TV version will showcase the effects better...

so - the reactions are mixed as of now, I'd be curious to know what music do cut it for you nowadays then?
some of my recent favourites:
* Jay-Z - 99 Problems
* Gwen Stefani - What you're waiting for
* Eminem - Mosh
* Franz Ferdinand - Take me out

yours?

oh, and as a music video director myself, I would strongly disagree with a comment made earlier about following the lyrics of Vertigo to make it work better. When making a video, you read the lyrics once, then you toss them aside and start with an image that reflects the mood, energy or theme of a song or the direction of band...IMHO that is..

cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks neutral!

You're my hero 2 days in a row. :D

Oh yeah, I meant to add...

I like the video alot, but I don't love it yet. It seems like it could have been accomplished without having to go to Spain though. (ie. green screen/soundstage)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom