Vertigo v/s Vertigo (Jacknife Lee Remix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :wave:

I just want to know which version do you like most :yes:

In http://www.u2howtodismantleanatomicbomb.tk
you can find a 30 seg video clip from this Vertigo Remix !!!.

Sadly we can´t compare the full song, but only comparing 30 segs, actually, to some extent, :cool: is better than the "original" version, specially because it has some other guitars, and the main riff changes in a cool way before Bono starts singing and the video seems to be more interesting than the official one filmed in Spain. I haven´t seen that video yet, but it seems to be just another "Beautiful Day" footage :(

If I were Brian Eno, or Daniel Lanois or Steve Lillywhite, my album version would be a mix between single version and this Jacknife Remix !!! :yes:

What do you think guys ?

Peace ;)

Last edited:
hmmmm ive never been a big fan of remixes, and this is no different. im going to go with the regular version.

Remix all the way ! ( but i haven't heard the whole thing so reserve judgment) The problem with the original for me is that there is no growing happening yet, not even one millimeter of growing which is really odd for a U2 song. :(

EvolutionMonkey said:
Remix all the way ! ( but i haven't heard the whole thing so reserve judgment) The problem with the original for me is that there is no growing happening yet, not even one millimeter of growing which is really odd for a U2 song. :(

I agree, the original Vertigo version for me go nowhere :rant:, despite is a great tune, I think the sound could have been 100% better, I mean, more agressive, dark, etc. That´s the reason why actually I think 30 seconds clip from Jacknife Remix is better, because the song explores other fields, the sound is stronger, as well arrangements :yes:
I can image the whole sound of Jacknife Club Remix, with Larry´s Drums ( Instead Techno programming ) and the song improves !!!
Let´s hope album version will be longer and better than this version we have :up:

Unfortunately, I'm at work and don't have access to the file right now but if any of you are still interested later let me know and I can email it to whoever wants it.

Back
Top Bottom