Vertigo/U2 Radio Blitz - Who wants to help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZigZag said:
Man, if there's just one band in all the world that doesn't need much help to get promotion, its U2.

As much as I love U2, there really isn't any joy in getting them noticed, as they already are.

Now, joining the street team for your favorite underground or indie band on the otherhand, that's a different deal altogether.

But...good luck.

As diehard fans, it is incumbent upon us to help them get promoted as much as possible. It's pissing me off that "Vertigo" isn't played on the radio as much as it should be.

InVertigo said:
The KROQ DJ out here in L.A. played it at #1 tonight, ahead of Green Day and a lot of others. She said, "Someone called me with a nasty attitude to play it, so here it is nasty man! Vertigo at #1 on the Furious Five." Lol, was that someone on here?

Oh, and I disagree with the previous post... we need to push U2 to #1 to show the youngin's how it's done! Lots of teens out there who have no clue. Gotta get the new generation hooked and stamp U2's legacy for ALL TIME! A bunch of 40-year-olds who rock harder than ever and beat all the new fads! We want to make sure no other band past, present or future will ever touch U2's success: artistic, commercial, cultural, popular... everything! You know how U2 is always in the top 10 of all those "Greatests" lists the magazines put out? We want them to be #1. Undeniably, THE GREATEST BAND EVER!

WE CAN DO IT!

Ah, the good old days of U2LA :)

Here, here.....

After the Itunes commercial, their definetly getting a boost. They went up from 5 to 2 at itunes today. I bet people are requesting it more on the radio as well, so keep requesting, blue crack nation! We need to keep the momentum up until the video comes out and shoots it up more to the MTV demographic.

In Veritigo..
I have to laugh. You sound like every older generation that has ever been. "Today's music is crappy and doesn't hold a candle." I'm sure the 60's artists said that they were superior to the black pioneers of rockn roll, that people in the 50's thought they were better than Woody Guthrie, that Woody thought he was better than Jelly Roll Morton, that there were people in the 20's who thought Gershwin was crap, and that they were better than Enrico Caruso, who probably wished Jenny Lind was still alive so he could give her American fans in the 1800's the finger.

As someone who not only grew up with pop music from an early age (started listening seriously to the radio at 8, bought her first record at 10, became a U2 fan at 12, etc--and I'm now 35) I count myself blessed not only to be currently at an age where I starddle both the younger and older gens comfortably (one of the few advantages of being a Gen X'er).

I've been witness to a LOT of things. The departure of disco, the New Wave craze, the Minneapolis Scene that never happened, the Athens, GA one that did, the birth of MTV, the birth, popularization and commercialization of rap, the birth of the Internet, the Grunge Era, the tragically--and artificially--cut short Post-Grunge Era, the blight upon the musical landscape that was the Britney Era, in which we in a sense have not woken up from the nightmare of (worse than disco, because disco was artist-written songs played on real instruments, and produced a few genuine alltime classics, such as "Dancing Queen") the departure of cassettes and the advent of CD's, and the current erw which I call the Great Search. The Clear Channel Era, with all that means.

And even though the current bunch of artists has the unfortnate stigma of being the first to operate in the niche-marketed, non-DJ, sceneless time, when a "music scene" may never again be possible b/c of said niche marketing, I can clearly say:

Rock is not dead.

There's some darned good music out there. Good talent is always there, and no matter the odds, some of it will always get through. Granted, that percentage is far smaller these days, but its's there. I won't give you any examples b/vc that may prejudeice you. But turn on your local alt rock station and LISTEN.

I still have hope.

Last edited:
guys - if you have itunes go to charts and look up your city/radio stations - this will tell you what rank vertigo is.

As to the station I posted in the previous post I got this response after e-mailing them to play Vertigo:

"Yes, Nick. We play U2's Vertigo on WMYX. Right now it's not on a hot rotation, but we do play it several times each day."

Hey guys, u2 are getting a lot of airplay in DC, but not as much as I want on this station. It's a top 40 station, which is important for Vertigo's success. They used to play it at least once ever two hours, but its tailed off a little. If you get a chance, heres the link to request.

http://www.z104radio.com/index.php?nid=93

Just to let everybody know since i posted my local station in here Vertigo is now at #1...keep voting daily though!

Hey Yahweh, you from Edmonton?

I'm from Red Deer. I voted a few times for Vertigo on the bear too. Go Oilers! (If there is any hockey again.)

Back
Top Bottom