Vertigo = The Hello Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKU2

Babyface
I thought I would quickly share this with you all.

Since its release, my 3 year son has become a huge fan of Vertigo, or better known to him as "The Hello Song".

He is getting to know quite a few of the words and sings along when he can, but he likes the "Hello Hello" bit the best and sings this at the top of his voice every time. "Thats my boy!!"

When we are in the car, he always asks if I can put the Hello Song on. This morning he asked me to put it on 5 times in a row. In the end I aked him if he would prefer to hear the Eze version of Miracle Drug, but he is not too keen on that one yet!

His other favorite U2 song is Spanish Eyes (or betther known to him as The Way Hey Hey Song).

Anybody else here have young children that enjoy U2 songs?

MKU2 said:

His other favorite U2 song is Spanish Eyes (or betther known to him as The Way Hey Hey Song).

Ha ha i love that...

The Way Hey Hey Song

Im gonna call it that from now on...

No kids sorry...

I still remeber my father playing The Beatles a lot in the car from since I was 4/5 years old...
Still love and know all these tunes, probably 'cause of they're graved in my memory...:)

joy to all

That's me with Beatles, Pink Floyd and.....U2!!!! (ugh, I'm a quarter of a century old...) I always have said my mom is one awesome cool lady...your children will say the same and thank you for the U2 legacy! ;)

Last edited:
Back about 12 years ago, when Mysterious Ways was being played on the radio a lot, I remember my two year old daughter in the back seat singing "its alright, its alright, alright" along with Bono whenever it came on. It used to always crack me up when she did it. She is 16 now, and not into U2 at all, so I always pick on her about it.

My boss' 7-year-old daughter knows all of the words to "Elevation". She has for a couple of years now and she can also name all of the members. (Edge is her favorite - wonder why ;))

I was able to take her to an all-ages Elevation USA show over the summer. She was just stunned by them, especially Danno. She thinks he really is Bono. It's something else.

I showed her the video clips for "Vertigo." She says she wants to hear all of the new songs. :D

Vertigo passed with flying colors with my son and daughter. He's 2 and she's 4 and they bounce off each other like they're moshing.

Some advice - Vertigo is not to be played before bedtime. It is like sugar pouring into their ears. Once they start moshing, it'll be a while before they settle down.

MKU2 said:
I thought I would quickly share this with you all.

Since its release, my 3 year son has become a huge fan of Vertigo, or better known to him as "The Hello Song".

He is getting to know quite a few of the words and sings along when he can, but he likes the "Hello Hello" bit the best and sings this at the top of his voice every time. "Thats my boy!!"

that is SO ADORABLE :cute: Little kids are the best. My lil bro and sis (Max age 7, Zoe age 5) both LOVE Vertigo... dad picked me up from driver's ed and of course I was listening to Vertigo on repeat, and Zoe was like "I wanna hear!" so I let her, and she and Max had the headphones on the whole half hour home...it was soooo cute, and now Zoe always wants to listen to my music, and she'll sing along...she sings along to Party Girl too :D

Another cute thing about Zoe - she seems to confuse Bono with my best friend Alec. She's like "Remember the time Bono came to our house and put a lamp on his head?" I was like "....what? no, that was ALEC, dear, Alec...I think I'd remember if Bono came to our house!!" And she also thinks I talk to him on the internet...or she'll just randomly be like "Sister, go call Bono." I think it's adorable how she thinks Bono is some guy I know personally :D she seems to think he's my boyfriend... wonder where she got THAT idea :shifty: She'll randomly tell me to go kiss Bono or marry him or something. I think the best thing she's said is: "Sister and Bono sittin' in a tree, K-R-S-C-T-U-J...Y." She...couldn't quite spell yet :p

But yeah, kids liking U2 makes me smile. My mom introduced me to U2 when I was 9 and I want to share that love with my siblings and children (when I have them.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom