Vertigo sung on Australian Idol! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Vertigo sung on Australian Idol!

Liek, ZOMG WTF teh coolzor!!!!1one!!eleven

Seriously though, I just happened to be watching Aus. Idol and happened across some bloke called Mark singing Vertigo.

Admittedly, he was no Bono, but kudos to him for trying - I doubt many contestants would have dared to even try Vertigo.

And... that was that. Anyone have anything interesting to add to that? Seeing some other Idol contestant play a U2 song?

*waits for Axver to say that he should have attempted One Tree Hill*
__________________

major_panic is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,861
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Re: Vertigo sung on Australian Idol!

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Liek, ZOMG WTF teh coolzor!!!!1one!!eleven

Seriously though, I just happened to be watching Aus. Idol and happened across some bloke called Mark singing Vertigo.

Admittedly, he was no Bono, but kudos to him for trying - I doubt many contestants would have dared to even try Vertigo.

And... that was that. Anyone have anything interesting to add to that? Seeing some other Idol contestant play a U2 song?

*waits for Axver to say that he should have attempted One Tree Hill*
I hate these plastic music that the Idol concept produces, no feeling, no deep, no intelligent... And then when they are going to do covers on U2 songs
__________________

Peterrrrr is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Refugee
 
Mr. V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: in a French-ass restaurant
Posts: 1,482
Local Time: 12:53 PM
that was crap, only bono and maybe me in the shower can pull off that song
Mr. V is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,744
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Re: Vertigo sung on Australian Idol!

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
*waits for Axver to say that he should have attempted One Tree Hill*
No, people on Idol should attempt songs on the show's level. For example, Aqua's Barbie Girl.

I could have sworn I saw an ad for that awful fucking show a couple of weeks ago with someone butchering ISHFWILF. I don't know what people see in Idol.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
The Fly
 
asunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: victoria
Posts: 59
Local Time: 02:53 AM
i saw it and it was truly shithouse... points for trying though..
asunder is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Re: Re: Vertigo sung on Australian Idol!

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


No, people on Idol should attempt songs on the show's level. For example, Aqua's Barbie Girl.
Funny cause it's true.

The sad thing is, people actually listen to and vote for the people on this show! Hell, they even watch this show!

(Clearly I did too, but that was cause I was eating and wanted not to think so I had a clear mind to write my essay).

So, where to from here? Ban Australian Idol? To vote, simply text YES to GIMMEYO$ (44663964)!
major_panic is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,861
Local Time: 04:53 AM
This is also another way to destroy a U2 song



This idiot artist is Swedens diva, she thinks that she is the most important person in whole Sweden...
Peterrrrr is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
babyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an open cluster called Pleiades
Posts: 6,246
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Vertigo on American/Australian/Martian Idols, whatever this is called, is like Cheese in the coffee
babyman is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 12:53 PM
OH GOD HAVE MERCY, DELIVER ME FROM THE EVIL!!!

I can't even put together enough expletives to cover that performance.

F**k, it's not that she's a bad singer, but what is truly horrible is how she turns a song about MLK and the civil rights movement to a performance that is basically just "HEY LOOK AT ME!"

Bloody sons of hellfire, that's shocking. Anyone mind if I hunt her down and kill her?

EDIT: (this is referring to the video Peterrrr posted, btw)
major_panic is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,702
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
No, people on Idol should attempt songs on the show's level. For example, Aqua's Barbie Girl.
That may also be too good for them.

Dear god it is an awful show.
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #11
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,861
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
OH GOD HAVE MERCY, DELIVER ME FROM THE EVIL!!!

I can't even put together enough expletives to cover that performance.

F**k, it's not that she's a bad singer, but what is truly horrible is how she turns a song about MLK and the civil rights movement to a performance that is basically just "HEY LOOK AT ME!"

Bloody sons of hellfire, that's shocking. Anyone mind if I hunt her down and kill her?

EDIT: (this is referring to the video Peterrrr posted, btw)
Be glad that you not live in Sweden, she is in the news, radio and tv often.
Peterrrrr is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #12
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,861
Local Time: 04:53 AM
I google "I hate Idol" and found this topic and thouth "aah a smart person" but then when I read it... Poor plastic pop lovers

http://www.twistermc.com/blog/2006/0...-american-idol
Peterrrrr is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #13
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,744
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Re: Re: Re: Vertigo sung on Australian Idol!

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
The sad thing is, people actually listen to and vote for the people on this show! Hell, they even watch this show!

(Clearly I did too, but that was cause I was eating and wanted not to think so I had a clear mind to write my essay).

So, where to from here? Ban Australian Idol? To vote, simply text YES to GIMMEYO$ (44663964)!
If they promised to ban Idol upon receiving 100,000 texts, rest assured I would not rest until I had sent in all 100,000 of the required texts.

(You know, there was probably some far more entertaining documentary on Arabian musicians who canoe down Bolivian rivers to find long-lost languages and/or softcore Italian porn on SBS that you could have watched instead of Idol rubbish.)
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,702
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
(You know, there was probably some far more entertaining documentary on Arabian musicians who canoe down Bolivian rivers to find long-lost languages and/or softcore Italian porn on SBS that you could have watched instead of Idol rubbish.)
That's just... perfect. That is SBS.

I'd watch it, too.
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #15
New Yorker
 
gman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Highlands of Scotland
Posts: 2,570
Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Peterrrrr


Be glad that you not live in Sweden, she is in the news, radio and tv often.
I think we should send you some psychopaths and save you from this irritating pub singer
gman is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Peterrrrr
This is also another way to destroy a U2 song



This idiot artist is Swedens diva, she thinks that she is the most important person in whole Sweden...
She has the voice to deliver a song such as Pride. But the constant wailing and the repetition made it almost unbearable to listen. Why so many "in the naaaaaame"s? And she comes off about as egocentric as Bono.
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
 
waynetravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hull, UK
Posts: 36,231
Local Time: 02:53 AM


waynetravis is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis


Oh god!!! Not only is he terrible, he forgets lyrics just like Bono.
Zoots is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #19
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,744
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
That's just... perfect. That is SBS.

I'd watch it, too.
SBS is the best channel in the known universe. Proof? Nerds FC. I rest my case.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 09-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
EdgeIsTooSexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,828
Local Time: 09:53 PM
i hate american idol
__________________

EdgeIsTooSexy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×