VERTIGO studio video now online!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
Hi All

Just to let you know the FULL studio performance video of U2 performing VERTIGO can be found on the top of the pops website. I have'nt posted enough to give you a direct link but go to the bbc site and then search for 'top of the pops u2' and a list of U2 videos should be on the main page including Vertigo.

If anyone can transfer it onto windows media player and post it online it would be greatly appreciated has i am on someonelses computer and cant install Real Player which is needed to play the AWESOME clip. Oh and Bonos hair doesn't look that bad anymore!

I can't see it, i can't play it.

Please, somebody, have you recorded it??? Please could you send it here??

just watched it. Fecking mimed. Wonder when we're going to see a live version for real.

so they'll appear on the 15th. Hope they knock it out live. can't remember if TOTP let bands play live anymore. Wonder when they'll be on the Late Late Show and the US late nights.

shobgite said:
just watched it. Fecking mimed. Wonder when we're going to see a live version for real.

It's only a promo for TV stations to play until the real video comes out, I think this'll also be on the DVD single as the studio video.

U2democrat said:
lol i love the way bono's hair "floats" in the slow-mo shots. i sure hope larry shows a bit more emotion in his drumming for the real video he looked silly.

Larry looked scary to me the first time I watched it. The second time, I laughed out loud. It's such a severe look!

biff said:

Larry looked scary to me the first time I watched it. The second time, I laughed out loud. It's such a severe look!

I know!!! I started laughing too... Bono's being his silly self, Edge and Adam are rocking out, and then they keep showing Larry, completely stone-faced. Lighten up Mr. Terminator, you're in the greatest band in the world! :p and those last couple closeup shots of Bono before he started swinging the mic stand...:drool:

Not a bad video, but I'm hoping this isn't the official one... there are two different videos coming out right? The studio for the single and then the TV one? What's this one supposed to be?

this video looks like its *part* of the real video, ie the much publicized video shoot will probably be the main part of the video, but they'll do something like electrical storm where it cuts into these clips with the band just playing

There will be two videos: the "in the studio" one, which will be on the DVD with the single, and the "official" video that was shot in Spain. Can't wait to see that one!

It looks like the Beeb have got the start and end times of the clip wrong.

Full programme is online here

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/totp/totp_20040924.rm

or for U2

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/totp/totp_20040924.rm?start="21:46.00"&end="24:00.00"

Regards,

Alan

Last edited:
Whoot. :up: Nice video. Kinda wish Larry would give the camera a smile, but then, you can't have everything. :wink:

Larry looks like he hates the whole idea, like he´s gonna stand up and walk out any second now...

Bono and edge and adam were rocking!:drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom