Vertigo straight into the A-list ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
Vertigo went straight into the A-list on a norwegian radio station. I was so happy when i saw that. REMs Leaving New York is in the B-list. Don't get me wrong, I like REM, but maybe it says something about Vertigo also? Just thought I would share.

I tempted to post a poll on the website to vote for Vertigo, but is this cheating ;) ...

i'm surprised leaving new york is so high.. from what i've heard from their new LP, its like the band has slipped in a sort of midlife crisis.. theres nothing thats energetic, or that catches my ear... i was hoping for at least one song to catch my ear, well there were a couple, but leaving new york wasn't one of them, and the rest of the album didn't feel inspired... but we'll see how it stands up in the long run

Leaving New York is not as immediate as Vertigo, but the refrain from that song can get in your head for days. It's a good song.

Dr_Macphisto said:
U2 will always be one step ahead of REM... not knocking them but it is the truth, popularity-wise and talent-wise:| .

REM hasn't been the same since one of the 4 members left... I think they've made some good songs since then (The Great Beyond is awesome) but they haven't made an album that can stand up to Automatic.. but then again, Automatic is an awesome album, would be in my top 5 albums list thats for sure

Back
Top Bottom