Vertigo Software!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katman

The Fly
You probably saw the exclusive U2 interview.
Did a search and here's the vertigo 3d software "anyone can get"
www dot vertigo3d dot com
Says there it's a Photoshop/Ilustrator plug-in.
Since i don't know how to use them properly i'm asking anyone who does know, and already has the plug-ins to do some work and maybe post them on a website so we can get a glimpse at what might be! :)

I'm extatic so you can just as well ignore this.

P.S Sorry for insisting on placing the link though i don't have the 15 posts... Ain't my site though :D

This Vertigo is obviously not related to U2...so I'm moving this to Lemonade Stand.

Unless I am missing something...

KhanadaRhodes said:
photoshop alone is like $300. and the plug-in is another hundred? i don't like U2 enough to shell out $400. :huh:

Wait...so IS this related to U2? :der: The only thing I saw that was U2-related was the Vertigo title, which I figured was just coincidental, since Vertigo isn't solely a U2 thing, obviously. Once again...am I missing something?

Bonochick said:

Wait...so IS this related to U2? :der: The only thing I saw that was U2-related was the Vertigo title, which I figured was just coincidental, since Vertigo isn't solely a U2 thing, obviously. Once again...am I missing something?

It was mentioned by the band in the interview on the homepage as a technology that could possibly be used on the tour, so it is band-related.

Bonochick said:
since Vertigo isn't solely a U2 thing,

What are you talking about.

Vertigo is the new U2 song...so therefore EVERYTHING Vertigo is U2.

You never took logic classes did you!? :der:

Hey...bonochick...lets make this into the next SUPER thread!!!

zoney! said:

What are you talking about.

Vertigo is the new U2 song...so therefore EVERYTHING Vertigo is U2.

You never took logic classes did you!? :der:

Hey...bonochick...lets make this into the next SUPER thread!!!

I loved U2's music in this movie! :up:

Sorry for the:huh:
Heres the quote from the IV from th Edge??

"Since 1992-97, there have been a great number of new inventions come through. Some of these sound-in-light applications will be used. I also have to mention a new software that anyone can get called "Vertigo." Vertigo lets you make 3-D images that can be projected on to a big screen. It's stunning and its applications in a live show are unlimited".

Vertigo 3D Software makes Vertigo 9.6, which works with Renderman. Renderman is the 3D rendering engine used to create Pixar movies.

They will use this software to create insane 3D visuals that'll be on the huge screen(s) they'll use during the tour. Think something like the Popmart screen, but with much more intense visuals that are 3D.

Now, don't expect a hologram or 3D glasses, this is 3D in the same sense that a Pixar movie is, or most somewhat-recent games are.

This is of course just a somewhat educated guess based on what Ed... er, the interviewee said.

Last edited:
So it's PURELY coincidence that both the single, (VERTIGO), and the software, (VERTIGO), have the same name?

I THINK NOT!

Obviously, U2 are software designers on the side!

(This is where Zoney and BC were supposed to pick up and run with the conspiracy part of the thread, about how U2 started the software company shortly after the band, all to release a single and software by the same name—see how this works?)

Back
Top Bottom