Vertigo on Top Of The Pops: Indoor performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enajh2

Refugee
Guys,

I missed this earlier because I was watching Children In Need!:rolleyes:

Top Of The Pops was on BBC2 tonight.

My Mum told me she just caught the end of U2 performing Vertigo in the BBC studio and tells me it was not the Dublin HQ video.

The website would seem to corroborate this in that they were featured in the show http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/whos_on/

I'll see if they repeat it on Top Of The Pops Saturday tomorrow.

Did anyone record this? :)

Last edited:
enajh2 said:
Guys,

My Mum told me she just caught the end of U2 performing Vertigo in the BBC studio and tells me it was not the Dublin HQ video.

The website would seem to corroborate this in that they were featured in the show http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/whos_on/

I was wondering about this too, as it wasn't the version they recorded there in October either, so i guess they must have performed it last week or something.

Yeah I missed it too because it was on earlier than usual. I did wonder about it, but was going to tape it tonight/tomorrow morning anyway.

There's also a thing on tonight about the original Band Aid, 10pm BBC2. TV Guide says Bono will be on.

I've got the Band Aid documentary. It's encoding now so watch this space! ;)

I saw this when it was shown on BBC3 earlier last week. And you'll be glad to hear there's lots of Bono throughout, both 1984 Bono and present day Bono :)

I'm pleased they've shown it on BBC2 because the video is logo-free ;)

Re: Re: Vertigo on Top Of The Pops: Indoor performance

beau2ifulday said:

I was wondering about this too, as it wasn't the version they recorded there in October either, so i guess they must have performed it last week or something.

It was probably recorded around the same time as the Outdoors TOTP recording. This version was shown on the Dutch TOTP a couple of weeks ago.

It was recorded on the same night. After the live-show (with the outdoor performance) had ended, U2 played two more songs in the studio, including this one.

Yeah why didn't they play it live. Just another Bono vocal performance. They played it live for Radio 1 and it sounded superb. I hate to see karaoke performances.

any old video link of this performance??maybe a you send it archive??....post it again please, i lost it!!!
thanks a lot and greets from spain

You beat me to it!! :p Indeed, the video is back up along with the New York City DVD preview clips from u2preservation ;)

Alan

enajh2 said:
Guys,

Indoor performence from BBC on Vertigo? Never seen that.

It wasnt indoor was it ? as i remember it was outside in the carpark and they played a small set.

vaz02 said:
It wasnt indoor was it ? as i remember it was outside in the carpark and they played a small set.

They did a set in both.

Its in the one of the HTDAAB Promo DVDs that was on U2preservation or whatever i can't remember the site.

Yeah I'd say they'd just show a few songs indoors so they didnt have to go back ;)

Back
Top Bottom