Vertigo = Native Son (Full Metal Jacket)???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybersyd

The Fly
remember that "mother of all rock n' roll tunes" Bono talk.

I hope it's not since I need:
1) the mother all rock n' roll tunes (FMJ-Native Son) :drool:
2) the father of all rock n' roll tunes (Vertigo) :drool:

But I'm almost certain it's the same song.
:sad:

No, I'm pretty sure they're different. There's absolutely nothing to indicate Full Metal Jacket/Native Son evolved into Vertigo.

What makes you say that? fair enough it's the only rock song we've heard off the album as yet from the clips we've got, but we still don't know the full track listing yet. Let's hope Vertigo is only one of the rock songs on the album and Native Son is still very much alive.

AussieU2fanman said:
Tomer, seriously u gotta stop doin that lol. What is it with you and chicks with dicks?

He decided to acknowledge his inner hot babe a bit too much.

What has the "I'm assuming that ..." thread spawned?

Tomer said:
you started it!

Hey, I was just listening to the clip of Neon Lights while reading this thread, and couldn't help but notice how closely timed Tomer's avatar is with the music. ;)

Try it...this may be the next Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz shit.

Dont see the connection either, I dont see how they could have gotten to Vertigo from Native son/Full Metal Jacket. Stranger things have happened, but I think they will be two different titles. The ONLY thing that has some kind of similarity is when Bono mentioned they were working on native son and how they wanted to make it "a scorching 45." Which means single, and we know vertigo is the first single for sure off the new CD. But I think in the end, well see two seperates.

Try this on for size......

Full Metal Jacket, was a provisional title, Bono said it the first time it ever appeared in an article. Ignoreland (who was and later for some people shown to be legit) confirmed it turned into Native Son.

Bono described both FMJ and Native Son as a scorching 45, and people who had heard it said "it might be the song to lead off the album". This info is from '02 and '03.

Now, then you have Damien Hirst, the Irish artist saying that he gave the band two suggestions for album titles 'Vertigo' and the silly Atomic Bomb one, this was in Spring 2004.

So would you assume that the lead single, the scorching 45, the song that "makes you want to make an album" as Bono descroibed FMJ/Native Son is just left in the bin, or did they just rename it, after Bono rewrote the lyrics, because they loved the idea of Vertigo? Hmmmm....

It's the same song, if I had $100, I'd bet it, but I am a poor soul. :)

Back
Top Bottom