Vertigo is 1 year old!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Vertigo was released to the radio on 9/24/04(though not commercialy until Nov 04), and it leaked one day prior on 9/23/04. I believe that 9/23/04, the day it leaked, was the first time the majority of us ever heard the song - which we've all now heard roughly 2375085025703750275892375987325027583509350275027528350282 times.

Happy birthday Vertigo :yes:

You mean "feliz cumpleaños."

I can't wait for the second, third, and fourteenth anniversaries.

Well, if you live in Australia, it did actually leak on the 24th. :wink:

So what do we think a year on? Has Vertigo improved or deteriorated with age?

If you ask me, it suddenly looked plain when the rest of HTDAAB leaked.

timothius said:
Good ol' Vertigo, twas a bit too misleading for my liking. :wink:

I now accept Vertigo X2 tonight. How many of us didn't do a bit of our own Vertigo X2 when it leaked?

I did a bit of Vertigo x60 or so.

Happy Birthday Vertigo!

I will admit I wasn't so sure I liked it at first, but I do now. Many many fine memories of times when this song was performed or played. I :heart: it!

Awesome song! I remember the first time I heard it I was blown away...VERY misleading though in terms of what the rest of the album was like though!! :ohmy:

The radio and T.V. absolutely murdered the song but it did bring some new U2 fans and that is never a bad thing.

< guilty of Vertigo x100 around this time last year.

Wow, I can hardly believe it has been a year! Things were crazy around here when Vertigo first leaked...it all brings back bad memories of the Rollins incident.

typhoon said:

I can't wait for the second, third, and fourteenth anniversaries.

:lol:

I still love Vertigo. And when done spontaneously, Vertigo x 2 is beyond cool (see: 4/25/05 Seattle 2. Possibly the best version of Vertigo ever.)

I remember downloading that teaser from an Australian radio station or whatever, that just had a part of the chorus...I had that little clip stuck in my head! Then I remember being in Computer Club and finding out it leaked and our sponser was nice enough to burn me a CD of it...I was blown away... I could not get enough! Vertigo x 2? How about some Vertigo x 2000? My local radio station didn't mind Vertigo x 2... I walked into a pizza place later that day and they premiered Vertigo a day early than expected (the same day it leaked). And you know how many times they played it? Uno, dos, TRES. I thought that was the best ever. The DJs were as excited as I was to have the new single from U-fucking-2. They were all raving about how great it was.

Flash forward a year later. Maybe some of us are a little tired of it, suddenly Vertigo isn't amazing anymore, it's just some overplayed "stupid rock song." But you know what? I like my fucking "stupid rock song," and I don't mind hearing it catorce times. Musically it's one of U2's most energetic, and the lyrics, besides the random bursts of spanish, are rather good. But come on. who DOESN'T love to shout along with Bono's misguided Spanish countdown?

Hello, hello. I'm at a place called THIS SONG IS FUCKING AWESOME!

I listen to Vertigo everyday on my bus ride to school to wake me up :wink: I love it and no matter what other people say I think it's a kick ass rock song and doesn't sound like the pop song everyone thinks it is. I never hear it on the radio anymore which makes me sad. I only heard it on the radio about 3 times when it was big and never again.

It also leaked around the time the hurricanes hit us (Florida) last year so I had something to entertain myself with as I tried to learn to play it on the guitar. I actually had to play the guitar for it w/ backing tracks in a "class project" that me and my friends had to do. Good times. :wink:

Uno, dos, tres, catorce... Parararararararam, dadadadadadaaaaa.... Happy birth day :wink: . I remember the day i first listened the song, it was like a :scratch: , but then it grew.

I first heard Vertigo while watching the iPod commercial online. In fact, Vertigo was the reason I signed up for iTunes. I loved the song right away, but like others have said, once I heard the rest of HTDAAB, Vertigo suddenly moved way down the list. I still like it and it's a great song to hear live, but the rest of the album is far superior to it.

I heard it on the radio for the first time.. in my car and was like 'what's with all this spanish all of a sudden?' At first listen, I was glad it rocked more than ATYCLB. But the lyrics felt like it was disposable pop/rock. The 'all of this could be yours..' line and the yeah yeahs esp. made me cringe. Have to say that I've warmed up to Vertigo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom