Vertigo Conspiracy Theory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahittle

Refugee
OK, I've already shot this full of holes, but it's been kinda fun to play around with.

The iPhone is coming out at the end of the month and it will be huge, blah, blah, blah.

It looks like Apple was working on this thing as far back as 2002 or so.

Doesn't "Vertigo" make more sense as a pitch for the iPhone than a tarted-up U2 version of the iPod? Perhaps the product wasn't ready when the 2004 U2 publicity machine was gearing up so the Apple/U2 allegiance pushed the song onto a different campaign.

Think about all the "hello hello" bits. And the "feeeeeel" in relation to that novel touch-screen interface. (Not to mention the cell phone connection to "One" during the concerts; this is stretching it a bit).

Seems like a match made in heaven - or Bono writing to spec.

I know, I know. I'm not really serious about this, but there seems to be a connection here in an Oliver Stone sort of way.

neinlh7.gif

bono_212 said:
that's not enough digits...how about
1231440?

Actually, 1 2 3 14 is enough digits, because it uses the recently invented 14 digit that is only available for use by licenced U2 fans. :up:

Oh yeah, my bad, forgot about the 14 button. It doesn't matter anyway, I'm sure bono has a special phone with a four digit number

coolian2 said:
omgz i gts a txt from boner when i txted da wun campain

mi ifone wil b sik i cn tlk to boner al da time

i not do heart dyslexia.

!111

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:ohmy: What if when you dialed "1, 2, 3, 14" you got a line directly to Bono!

:hyper: guyz i called bono and he said the new ablum is out 2morrow and it has 37 songs!!!11 WOOOOOOO!!!!111

but u can only git it if u hav da iphone!!11 wswooooooo!!!1111

Not so much a conspiracy but why did U2 choose Vertigo over Native Son? Smacks of playing safe, which incidentally they have been doing since the turn of this century.

jinn77 said:
Not so much a conspiracy but why did U2 choose Vertigo over Native Son? Smacks of playing safe, which incidentally they have been doing since the turn of this century.

Yes.

jinn77 said:

Smacks of people not reading the interviews where Bono said he couldn't see himself singing that song for the next decade because he didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom