Vertigo Chicago vs Vertigo Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OpperGoeroe

War Child
Though the Milan DVD isn't the whole thing, which one do you prefer?

For me Milan blows Chicago out of the water, I don't think I'll watch Chicago often again in the future, except for the Boy songs and the Yahweh/40 ending. All the songs featured on both DVD's are better on the Milan DVD IMHO.

it is a bit unfair to compare Milan to the worst u2 dvd of all time. milan should have some real competition.

Chizip said:
Chicago by far

:up:

Although thats only because it reminds me so much of my buffalo concert. (the lights and the staging etc is similair.. buffalo was a much better concert than chicago :wink: )

Am I the only one here who likes Chicago ?? :scratch:

I mean , the Milan audience is way much better , but .........

In Chicago :

COBL is perfect ; Elevation though Bono's vocals sounds great ; Electric Co needless to say ; The Whole Boy Trio is great ; B Day is much better than Elevation versions ; RTSS sounds great ; So does Streets ; And also very worth mention : The Fly , ABOY , and the amazing improvised OoTS , without forgetting Yahweh-40

Can someone explain me where the band , Edge whatever sounds so bad ??? :shrug:

I think that Vertigo still needs a DVD that represents the best of the tour... in stadium.

A Vertigo tour in stadium is so much different than indoors that that's why another official footage commercialized is needed.

Why did they suspend Milan? If not, I hope they release commercially the Buenos Aires show, because the Chicago DVD not only is poor (very weak and inactive audience, duvidous footage) is some aspects but it doesn't have the power of a Vertigo show in stadium.

chicago had some good moment - An Cath / about a boy - for example. Or New Years Day and Beautiful Day -

Milan - OOTS and Blinding lights are great. They had both some good moments. But I still think Hamilton isn't the right director for U2. I saw the Buenos Aires show that was filmed for the argentina TV - that was great. They - a little more - understood U2. Great pictures, great cuts - in the mood. This Version of with or without you was way much better than this on the Milan DVD. I really looking forward to Mark Pellingtons 3D Movie - and looks like we will see shows from South America and Australia - I bet they will also film Hawai. I think this will become a great great movie. Pellington has style - H.H. does not (on the Rammstein DVD he made a good job - but U2 and Hamilton that just don't fit for me).

I Think Chicago has its goods and bads and the same wif milan , i love them both... but nothing can ever beet slane castle , omg best version of all i want is you.. nothing beats
all i want is you/ streets - slane castle

Well Rocko said the Chicago show was magical, so maybe the audience was in awe, and they didn't project any emotion :eek:l:

Milan may be great, but up there with Slane? :no:

Vertigo Chicago was a bad choice, because Bono was sick that week, hence the kind of bad vocals. But it does have some great moments with the Boy and Achtung Baby parts as well as COBL and especially the "40" ending :drool:

Plus I prefer the set up of the arena shows, but I still wish we got all of Milan! :mad:

I like this thread.

Personally, Chicago will give me my Boy trilogy fix, my Zoo Station/Fly combo, and my Love and Peace.
Slane gives me the magic in the form of a All I Want is You/Streets combo. It also has brilliant versions of Kite and Until the End of the World. These two, I just can't get enough of.
Milan looks to have the perfect atmosphere, but I have yet to see/hear a song that will one to keep going back for. I really like With or Without You so far. A shame that the dvd is so short.

they should have released TORONTO... not chicago...

or maybe a MSG... when is U2 releasing a MSG show?... next tour maybe, along with the Santiago 2009 DVD :wink:

This is a difficult question, since Milan is so short. Based upon the bootleg & the DVD, Milan would *crush* Chicago in almost every respect.

Chicago.

But Buenos Aires kicks both of their asses.

Back
Top Bottom