Vertigo already in Columbia,SC??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spooner

The Fly
Hey i just called my local station here in Columbia, SC and asked when they were getting the new U2 single, Vertigo in and when it was going to be played on the air. The dj said he already had it. I asked when it would be played and he was like "well we can play it today if you want" I was like...cool!! do it!

so...take it for what it's worth. I don't believe him but i have my radio on ready to tape it anyways!

On that note, I just e-mailed Rock 102.1 in Milwaukee and this is the response I got:

"Thanks for the email Nick. We'll get the song on Friday morning. As of now, they're not officially releasing until then."

I know, mundane. But I'm still excited!

I emailed Carrie at Mix 94.7 here in Austin Texas and she said she heard it in it's entirty a couple of weeks ago but has not received the disc to play and the "salesman" could not leave it with her. She said, and I quote: "It ROCKS!"

So, basically, we're one unscrupulous radio station employee, or one avid fan with a quick record button, away from hearing a semi-complete version of Vertigo?

I kind of like those odds. :p

still haven't heard Vertigo on the radio yet...but the dj is supposed to be there for another hour or so...we'll see! but if everyone else isn't getting it until friday i don't see how my guy claimed he already had it....but here's hoping! :wink:

"hey. i just got the scoop. the record company will be sending the song to radio on friday...so, nobody leaks it early.
i will talk to my boss and see what i can do." Yeah Carrie from Mix 94.7! You rock my world - do you hear that Central Texas fans?

i don't put much stock in what the dj in SC said. why would he just be sitting on it, when most stations are foaming at the mouth to have the chance to play it.

Chile said:
So, basically, we're one unscrupulous radio station employee, or one avid fan with a quick record button, away from hearing a semi-complete version of Vertigo?

I kind of like those odds. :p

me too.

well as i'm sitting here with the radio on i hear some u2 play....the intro to beautiful day and my heart leaps but then i realize it's just BD and not vertigo...maybe that's the single the guy thought just got released...ha. oh well so much for this dude knowing what he is talking about.:sad:

You got better than I did. From my local shitty rock station:

Josh,

We'll be on it as soon as it is released.

Thanks for the email.

TK

T.K. O'Grady
Program Director/Middays
WONE-FM
1795 West Market Street
Akron, OH 44313
330-869-9800 ext. 151
tkogrady@wone.net
----- Original Message -----
To: tkogrady@wone.net
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 3:19 PM

Hello--
I can't wait to hear the new U2 song. Will you guys play it friday morning or sooner?
Thanks
Josh

Thanks alot for the info a-hole geez :madspit:

99x in Atlanta has been saying on air all day they will be playing it at exactly 10:30am on Friday. I seriously doubt they would get it before then and just sit on it.

Of course, just yesterday they said they'd have it on Thursday...

Rock 96 in Raleigh, NC is supposed to play it every hour after the 10am morning show starting Friday, per my best friend there. The first caller after it's played will win a copy of the album, I think.

I've not heard anything from either rock station here in Wilmington. And believe me - I've been doing my best to listen to both stations at once 24 hours a day. Needless to say, I'm not having complete success. :huh:

It seems every station says it is going to play the station at 10 on Friday. That must be the time that the record company is going to release it. So everybody keep your local rock station tuned in around 10 on friday. I have a feeling every station is going to be playing it around that time.

101.1 the river in St. louis is also saying 10:00 AM - I have not gotten/or heard a confirmation on 105.7 the point but I have heard from a couple of people that they will also play Vertigo around 10:00 - yes St. Louis only has two radio stations that could possibly play the new u2 single as an event - and people wonder why I have an ipod...
While I will by that time have my own bootlegged mp3 copy there is something magical about listening to a U2 single being played for the first time on live radio

100.3 the bear in edmonton is getting it fiday morning at 9:00 and will play it right after.

Back
Top Bottom